DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
3 members and 563 guests
BlackHatch, GRN96WS6, onel0wcubn
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > HOW-TOs

LinkBack Thread Tools
HOW-TO: Rebuild a 1995 Kawasaki Ninja zx900R
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Question HOW-TO: Rebuild a 1995 Kawasaki Ninja zx900R - July 15, 2006, 07:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any step by step instructions on how to rebuild a 1995 ninja 900R. If not the steps specifically a link to a site that has the manual online for free. I have one that is not in running condition but has all the parts there, so i was wanting to strip it all down account for and examine all the parts and then clean up and rebuild the engine. Any info would be greatly appreciated, i spent a while on google but couldnt find anything, maybe im not looking i nthe right places. A point in the right direction or the info would be awesome. Thanks.

If it doesn't get you there fast what's the point?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Meh

July 15, 2006, 08:01 PM

manuals are available on ebay for cheap. Not worth printing it yourself.
Unread
  (#3)
Forklift+snowbank=stuck

July 15, 2006, 09:10 PM

I hope your gonna do a little diagnosis before you buy a book and tear the motor apart..... from what ive seen many sportbike motors are not worth rebuilding unless your dumping serious money into internal go fast goodies. But as far as finding a manual, maybe do a seach and look for a kawi and/or ninja forum and you might find someone who has a manual they can just email you.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to billetbong  
Unread
  (#4)
Meh

July 15, 2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billetbong
I hope your gonna do a little diagnosis before you buy a book and tear the motor apart..... from what ive seen many sportbike motors are not worth rebuilding unless your dumping serious money into internal go fast goodies. But as far as finding a manual, maybe do a seach and look for a kawi and/or ninja forum and you might find someone who has a manual they can just email you.
+1...unless you know otherwise, leave the internals alone.
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

July 17, 2006, 01:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. I got this bike for $100 just as a little project to occupy some time. The guy i got it from said it ran within the last year, but has been left outside for a while and doesnt now. he took the gas tank from it to put on his bike, i guess he got this one just for parts. So theres water and dirt in the intake and probably further, i think that if taken apart, cleaned up, and given new gaskets and wiring it will run.

The bike is missing all panels, but has all the mechanical parts, the engine is going to be taken out and used for a go-kart anyway. But im using the engine and transmission from the bike for it.

If it doesn't get you there fast what's the point?
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

July 17, 2006, 01:57 PM

Hey if you need some help or advice I am just finishing my 1995 zx9 complete rebuild. Rebuilt motor and every bearing on the bike has been replaced.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!