DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
3 members and 563 guests
BlackHatch, GRN96WS6, onel0wcubn
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > HOW-TOs

LinkBack Thread Tools
my givi top/side case led light mod and front led driving lights
Unread
  (#1)
just some dude

my givi top/side case led light mod and front led driving lights - June 15, 2015, 02:04 PM

i know this isn't the right crowd for it, but thought i'd share the led lights i added to my side cases and front fork in case anyone was interested in doing a similar mod.

awhile back i added some led lights to my givi cases and thought i'd share how it turned out. i didn't take any pics of the process, but here's how they turned out.

i bought a
couple of these LED squares couple of these LED squares
couple of these LED squarescouple of these LED squares
and hoped they would fit in the givi side cases. i also added
one of these one of these
one of theseone of these
along with a relay to dim the LED lights in the top and side cases at all times, and then go full brightness when braking. for wiring the dimmer, http://www.oznium.com/images/wiring_diagrams/led_dimmer/led_dimmer_positive.jpg.

the LED squares fit almost perfectly, two in each case. so i added brake and turn signals to each case. on each side case, the top one is the brake light and the bottom one is the turn signal (not lit up). the top case already had led lights installed on them, but only came on when braking. the dimmer allows them to always be on and dimmed, then full brightness when braking:

brake off:

brake on (i had to use a bungee cord to trigger the brake lever):

close-ups of the side case lights:

quick connectors for the side cases:

inside wiring in the side cases, i haven't really bothered to clean it up too much because i can't figure out how. i may use a hot glue gun to dump a bunch of blue onto the exposed wiring, not sure how else to cover it up.:

the red and black wire is there for accessories in case i want to charge my phone while riding. i wasn't exactly sure what i'd use it for, but figured an accessory outlet in the side cases would be nice to have just in case:

i also put on new LED lights up front. i was using piaa 004xt halogen lights, but those suckers cost a small fortunate to replace each bulb. a bulb went out recently, so it was a perfect time to upgrade to these:

i spent a long time figuring out where to put these things, and couldn't find a good spot that didn't bother me. i finally settled on the front fork where the reflectors would normally be. the location is less than ideal (i think it's ugly because it sticks out so much) and finally settled on a location that bothered me least:

18w each, 30 degree spot pattern:

2013 Toyota Prius C4, holding up traffic...
2009 FZ1 (R-77 carbon exhaust, PC V, BMC air filter, D-shaped 'flies, chopped airbox and AIS, FCE; SW-Motech toprack and quick-release siderack, E55 topcase, pair of V35 sidecase, Woodcraft frame sliders)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#2)
Can't work my clutch!!

June 15, 2015, 03:04 PM

Nicely done!

15 Star Bolt R-Spec
09 600RR ABS
07 600RR
01 GSXR600
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

June 15, 2015, 03:23 PM

Looks good. I just put some reflective tape on my side bags, nothing on the top box...
  Send a message via AIM to