DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
1 members and 563 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
BeaveRun track day Report
Unread
  (#1)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

BeaveRun track day Report - June 1, 2010, 08:56 PM

Well this was my second time up there so I took the CRF150R and the KT 690 Duke for me and the TTR 150 for the kid. Yup that's right his first trackday!!! The motel was right out of That 70's show! But hey for the price and it was 1 mile from the track it worked. Took Dark up also on his WRX250 to pop his trackday cherry. Long ride up cause someone marked off toll roads on the gps but was still a good ride with ICE ICE Baby playing while next to a 80's limo!HAHAHA

It was freaking hot!! but for this day I was rocking the new Acerbis Koerta protection! Kept me kool all day!!! Also was using my new Sidi Crossfire SM boots and they rock! Nothing like being able to put your foot out and down knowing that you have the best protection made for yourself!

First I went out on the 150R just to get a feel for the track and was spot on from the get go. Dam that bike is just made for racing. Even with my heavy arse on it. I got that bike dialed in the last time here so I did not need to adjust anything. Just give it gas and go. I really need to get a 250R for me to have more fun but for now this will do.

Next up was the KTM 690 Duke. Christ that thing is heavy to throw around on such a small track. It took me a while to get clicking with it but once I got used to it dam it was fun. I ordered up some 209 GP tires for it with a soft up front and the triple compound medium rear. Dam they hook! Need to put better brakes on cause the Galfer street got cooked. But I was able to work on my sumo style riding and got that thing leaned way over. I even ran out of room cause my leg was in the way. I was amazed how well the KTM did for a street bike that really needs a bigger track. I will be bringing it back next time!

Now for the kid. He did great for his first time. He followed me and did everything I wanted him to do and everything I had been teaching him over the years. I was amazed how quickly he got up to speed. Towards the end of the day I even offered up the 150R but he said nope.

I have some vids of the kid and of UUBusa and Dark.

The kid.

UUBusa

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 2, 2010, 06:53 AM

Dark's couple laps.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

June 2, 2010, 07:46 AM

Nice report. Looks like fun again.
Unread
  (#4)
2 wheels for life

June 2, 2010, 07:58 AM

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

June 2, 2010, 08:22 AM

Nice, I'm looking forward to going up myself.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
I wanna Ride !

June 2, 2010, 08:34 AM

Look like fun...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
old, fat and slow

June 2, 2010, 08:55 AM

that track looks grippy. i'll have to try that out one day. it's just hard to make that drive for one td when summit is so close despite the slippery surface.

Ape Falco/Mille-R
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to shooom  
Unread
  (#8)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

June 3, 2010, 06:05 AM

Great day!

Those 150r's are crazy fun.

-Ryan