DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 512
2 members and 510 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Is this a good trade for my Z1k?
Unread
  (#1)
Typical Stripper

Is this a good trade for my Z1k? - August 7, 2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter
What kind of supermoto are you looking for? Street, track, race? I have a CRF450 that will fit all three. It has many top shelf, expensive items. It is a great track bike with the potential to be one of the best race bikes ever (it currently has stock exhaust and no engine mods for reliability's sake), and it is just thinly enough disguised that I was able to get it street legal.
I posted a few pics below. More details and pics can be seen here:
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=32137
PM me if you have any interest.

He said he will trade this plus 1k...

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

August 7, 2007, 09:39 AM

2003 CRF450, street legal with license plate here in Illinois. I have the clean and clear title in hand. This bike is very well set up. It has (and I'm sure I'll forget stuff):
  • Titanium nitride coated Ohlins fork - not the cheap Cannondale or similar, this is a top of the line supermoto-specific fork. Check out the nitride coating in the pics below.
  • Ohlins triple adjustable shock
  • Marchesini forged supermoto wheels (in blue, now a very rare color) 17x3.5 front, 17x4.5 rear
  • Gold Tag Metals handlebar
  • Black Tri-Star adjustable rake triple clamp
  • Motomaster front brake set up
  • Touratech kick stand
  • Acerbis Blitz headlight
  • Baja Designs LED taillight
  • 75W stator installed (runs the headlight and taillight - no battery. I also don't have turn signals as they are not required here in Illinois)
  • Scotts stainless steel oil filter
  • Moose handguards

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

August 7, 2007, 09:41 AM

HELL YEAH!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
TEAM.SUKUZI

August 7, 2007, 09:42 AM

fair...but i think you should get more than 1k extra.

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#5)
Typical Stripper

August 7, 2007, 09:42 AM

Can someone that knows supermotos help me with how much I could sell some of these parts for? I have no need for Ohlins forks/Shock, or Marc wheels on a motard.

Unread
  (#6)
Knee Draggin!

August 7, 2007, 10:05 AM

Kelly Blue lists the value of the bike at $3260. Youíre trying to sell your bike for $7,500 so the value of those suspensions upgrades and wheels needs to be worth about $2500 to you.

I don't know much about sport bikes but I've been racing motocross for about 15 years and I'd walk away from this deal. If you just want looks the nitride coating is cool but I'd bet that you'd never be able to tell a performance difference especially for street riding. Rear shock is nice also but a bit much unless youíre doing some serious racing. The other modifications are basic mods for a dirt bike getting turned into a street machine nothing special.

Also dirt bikes don't usually make good street machines. There will be a bit of a vibration at high speed and expect to do a lot of oil changes. Also being a '03 it is close to (or past) time for a top end and maybe valves. The '03 CRF450's were a bit finicky. I had the very same machine for motocross purposes but sold it a year later for an YZ250F and now have an YZ450F. Also 2003's are getting old in motocross years.

Itís a decent bike but not worth your immaculate custom Z1000 and an extra $1000. Just my 2 cents. If you have any other questions from a prior '03 CRF owner just let me know.

Charlie
Unread
  (#7)
Typical Stripper

August 7, 2007, 10:08 AM

Perfect.... those were my exact thoughts as an EX-MX guy too.... really just needed confirmation. Thanks!

Unread
  (#8)
Knee Draggin!

August 7, 2007, 10:13 AM

I wasn’t able to access forum with the original listing here at work so I can’t see pictures or any other details. Does he have the original suspension stuff? Most people don't buy all new suspension stuff for mx/supermoto purposes. They just get it revalved with Ohlins internals. If there are parts to sells I'm sure there would be some people interested in taking them off your hands but I wouldn't know current value. Try thumpertalk.com, loads of information and opinions on that machine. Also why did he put blue wheels on a Honda, did he change the plastic and tank color or something?

Charlie
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

August 7, 2007, 10:20 AM

If you'd be looking to trade for a supermoto machine for street use I'd search for a KTM 560 or 690. If a Husky I'd look for a SM610 or SMR510. Good luck in your search.

Charlie
Unread
  (#10)
Typical Stripper

August 7, 2007, 10:28 AM

Here is more...

Quote:
More pics....

Quote:
Located near St. Louis, MO in zip code 62221.
2003 CRF450, street legal with license plate here in Illinois. I have the clean and clear title in hand. This bike is very well set up. It has (and I'm sure I'll forget stuff):
  • Titanium nitride coated Ohlins fork - not the cheap Cannondale or similar, this is a top of the line supermoto-specific fork. Check out the nitride coating in the pics below.
  • Ohlins triple adjustable shock
  • Marchesini forged supermoto wheels (in blue, now a very rare color) 17x3.5 front, 17x4.5 rear
  • Gold Tag Metals handlebar
  • Black Tri-Star adjustable rake triple clamp
  • Motomaster front brake set up
  • Touratech kick stand
  • Acerbis Blitz headlight
  • Baja Designs LED taillight
  • 75W stator installed (runs the headlight and taillight - no battery. I also don't have turn signals as they are not required here in Illinois)
  • Scotts stainless steel oil filter
  • Moose handguards
So why am I selling it? Well, I wasn't quite honest with myself when purchasing it. I knew it wouldn't be the best street moto, but I promised myself I would only ride around town. Well, this thing is too damn fun to ride part time and I've found myself wanting to ride to work (70 miles round trip, with highway in the route) and with my Dad, who has a Harley. So, I'm looking for a KTM 625 or a Husky 610. This bike handles amazingly. The suspension is by far the best I've ever ridden, and it's not even sprung for my weight. The previous owner did just about everything to the bike, I just got it street legal, added the lights, and the Marchesinis. According the the previous owner, the engine had a complete top end rebuild about 10 hours ago with all Honda OEM parts used. The engine is completely stock for reliability. I put three hours MAX on the bike since owning it. I checked the valves the day I brought her home and they were in spec.
Please disregard the UGLY mirror I have taped onto the handlebars. It was only to get me past Johnny Law, and I will certainly remove it for the new owner!
I'm asking $7,200 for the bike as-is. I realize this isn't cheap, but for someone looking for the ultimate track day or round-town bike it is a bargain. Try building a CRF to this spec AND getting it street legal.
If that is out of your range, I would be willing to sell it minus the Ohlins fork and Tri-Star triple clamps (with Honda stock Showa Fork and stock triple clamp) for $6,000.
OR... I am open to trades. I honestly figure this is my best bet of getting what I want out of this. I am interested in (current first choice) a Husky 610 or (second choice) 2005 + 625smc. I would trade even for the right bike (I am extremely picky - beware!). I'd be looking for a low mileage bike with aftermarket exhaust and other goodies. I would trade for a lower-spec bike + cash. Basically, I'm flexible. If you're interested, or have a trade offer, shoot me a PM.
I will try to answer all emails and PM's as quickly as possible. I just got a new job (the good part), so I can't be on computer all day long like I was at my last job (the bad part!), but I will check my PM's evenings.
Thanks for looking!

Unread
  (#11)
Eddie would go ...

August 7, 2007, 10:32 AM

The guy is honest in his assement. This Honda will kick major @ss on a SM track but like he says not so much for longer street rides.... Not my fave color combo but the CRF's were always awesome bikes to ride - even back to back with the KTMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#12)
One and Only

August 7, 2007, 10:55 AM

I have to disagree with the majority here....

That bike is fucking sick. If you want a REAL motard that will run near lap-record times at Shenandoah...then get something like this. Backroad blasting will be much easier with a little more gearing. Just stay off the long fast stuff.

I can honestly say from a bit of experience (and knowing how you ride) that you'll be extremely sorry if you get rid of the high-end goodies. All the stock stuff is very, very soft, and you'll end up with problems like I had on Jefferson.

Do you need all that shit? Nope.

Does it fit you perfectly, your style? It's perfectly over-the-top, so I think yes.

Just my thoughts. I'm envious either way.

Right up the 1 hole.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Cloaca  
Unread
  (#13)
Typical Stripper

August 7, 2007, 10:56 AM

Good info Wood.... thanks for making the choice harder.

Even though the wheels are Marc.... I would rather have some all black laced ones.

Unread
  (#14)
Republicans for Voldemort

August 7, 2007, 11:04 AM

That bike is sick .... To me all said and done it's probably a decent trade - but it's gotta be what you want...

I have seen this bike - part of me really wants a crf motard ...... A fellow sm'er has one and races his in I with Nesba.... It's awesome.... However, you better be prepared to do ALLOT of work to it...

The crf has HIGH maintence intervals - you have to do things like change the piston after 14hours of use... It's an AWESOME bike - power outta the ass.... I didn't go this route as that I didn't want to do major repairs EVERY time I had to change the oil... I also take 5-8 hour rides... Doing piston changes after 3 rides was just not my bag....

If that doesn't scare you- it's a nice deal...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#15)
Typical Stripper

August 7, 2007, 11:09 AM

I dont mind wrenching on things, but that is a bit out of what I am willing to do.

Wish I could make a DRZ have more power and be reliable.