DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
1 members and 553 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
How many KTMs sold in US?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

How many KTMs sold in US? - March 13, 2010, 02:10 PM

I was looking at my 690 SMC the other day, and I got curious. How many people have the same bike in the USA?

I looked at KTM site, and their reports are cryptic. Anyone have a source for some sales figures?

I found the info below. Does anyone know of any source that gives up hard numbers for each model?

Quote:
North American Sales
KTM monetary sales to North America (its largest single market) declined by 39 percent compared to the previous year. Sales totaled 88.6 million euros, 19.5 percent of total sales.

KTM claimed its share of its “core” U.S. market was 8.8 percent, on par with the previous year. KTM defines its core market as motocross, enduro racing, supermoto and dual-sport models with engines at least 400cc in size. Also included are “travel enduro” models at least 800cc in size, naked bikes at least 600cc in size and superbikes.

KTM presented U.S. market share by model type (with changes compared to last fiscal year):

Enduro racing bikes: 17.0 percent (down 0.7 percentage points)
Naked bikes: 0.7 percent (down slightly)
Travel enduro bikes: 10.9 percent (down 5.2 percentage points)
Supermotos and dual-sports: 4.8 percent (up 0.1 percentage points)
Superbikes: 0.2 percent (up 0.2 percentage points)
In the November issue of Dealernews, analyst Don Brown predicted U.S. dealers will retail 12,609 KTM motorcycles in 2009. This would be a year-over-year decline of 29 percent.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

March 14, 2010, 12:00 PM

I have no idea. Have you checked the KTM site? I wonder if they make public an annual report. I only know of 3 690 SMCs in the DC area: You, Me, and a guy named Jim who lives in College Park.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#3)
Get Tarded!

March 14, 2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I have no idea. Have you checked the KTM site? I wonder if they make public an annual report. I only know of 3 690 SMCs in the DC area: You, Me, and a guy named Jim who lives in College Park.
I keep riding by the cap hill area there is a guy I keep trying to run into that has one parked by his house. About 3-4 minutes from me.

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

March 14, 2010, 03:52 PM

You might be talking about me. I work on the hill and park within 2 blocks from the metro. I have side mirrors instead of stockers and R1 tail light instead of stock...
Unread
  (#5)
Get Tarded!

March 14, 2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
You might be talking about me. I work on the hill and park within 2 blocks from the metro. I have side mirrors instead of stockers and R1 tail light instead of stock...

Fox sticker on the left side? I don't know that I have noticed the mirrors, it is close to a metro, I saw it again last night around 10:30-11pm

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#6)
MSF Student

March 14, 2010, 05:57 PM

Witold,
I work on the Hill to (Ford Building). Are you up the street from Tortillia Coast?
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

March 14, 2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarded Jake View Post
Fox sticker on the left side? I don't know that I have noticed the mirrors, it is close to a metro, I saw it again last night around 10:30-11pm
That's me for sure.
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

March 14, 2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
Witold,
I work on the Hill to (Ford Building). Are you up the street from Tortillia Coast?
Yup. That said, sometimes I take the 04 gsxr, and on rare occasion 02 R6, if you have seen them around...