DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 523
1 members and 522 guests
GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Mini-Supermoto at G-Force
Unread
  (#1)
( * )|( * )

Talking Mini-Supermoto at G-Force - January 14, 2008, 03:08 PM

Sunday I ran down with one of the riders from supermotojunkie to run the G-Force event. The track was very very technical, lots of 180 degree turns and had tremendous grip. Very few straights, even the main straight had a kink that had about a 3 foot line that you could run WOT...if you missed that line you were on the brakes or eating a pole

Turn 1. From the gate you come out and there is a 90 degree turn which has a small straight and leads you to the long sweeping right
Turn 2. From turn one the track opens up to the straight that has a kink. The key is to keep on the throttle and let the rear slide out so it points you inward. Or, trail into this turn and get the bike pointed to the inside. Now, once you have the bike pointed you have to get as close to the left hand pole without hitting it so it forms a straight line. (kink is turn 3)
Turn 4/5. Coming out of the straight there is a double apex right hander which leads to a 90 left then a 180 right. Coming out of the double apex right hander you don't want to brake too much...here is where it's "interesting" because if you do it right you can scrub off the speed by letting your tires slide. You have to do this carefully because there's a wall about 4 feet from the turn in point so if you lose it you're going to be in some pain. Worst case you can trail brake to set up the line or downshift and back it in a little. Once you clear this section you have to stand the bike up and nail the throttle for
Turn 6. The left hander which is a 90 degree turn...turn in the bike hard and get to the left for
Turn 7. The 180 degree right hander...this turn is perfect for using the rear to steer the bike since it will point you into the turn to set up
Turn 8. The left which again is 90 degrees which leads to
Turn 9. Another 90 degree left which sets up to the beginning which is the 90 degree right but ends up being 180 degrees because of where turn 9 sets you.

The course sounds crazy but if you get the line right it flows very nicely but it is very demanding and there is so little room for mistakes. If you blow one turn your entire lap is pretty much going to be slow. It took me about 2 to 3 sessions to get the line down but it was fun. The added grip made it easier to ride as far as sliding compared to All-Sport but the lines were much smaller. It was a lot of fun and if you haven't ridden it I would highly recommend it (except...I'd say keep your feet on the pegs) unless you have motocross/Supermoto boots. street boots are NOT going to cut it for putting your foot down.

There were a total of 40 riders so they ran an "A" group and a "B" group. I ran the B group which was a bit faster than the "B" group at All-Sport. The A group? Well...3 AMA supermoto riders, 1 AMA flat track rider, several expert motocross riders, and a few top WERA/CCS racers. The field was in a word insane...they made the A group at All-Sport look slow for those of you who have been to All-Sport. The crowd down there is a bit different since some of the NC riders come up hence the presence of the AMA supermoto riders. For those of you considering this...you can have "fun" and ride at your own pace OR if you think you're fast...trust me when I say that the A group will humble and challenge you.

I had a lot of fun, since I was riding with people who are usually in the B and A group at All-Sport I was pushing much harder than I ever have. I learned tons by trying to follow them and towards the end I was using the rear tire to steer the bike because that was the only way I could keep some of them in sight for several turns until they checked out.

One rider broke his shin in half basically, his bike slid, he used his boot to catch the bike so when he put his foot down it caught and snapped it in half. The rider handled it extemely well but I felt bad...not something you want to see in person. But we took care of him and I'm sure he'll be back out there once he's healed up.

I'll post up when the next one comes up although I think it will be held down in Portsmouth, VA which is a 3 hour drive so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that one or not.

Sunday is the next All-Sport event but I did not respond to the invite until this morning so I'm not sure if I'll be able to run that one or not.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Last edited by deviousR6; January 14, 2008 at 03:14 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

January 14, 2008, 03:24 PM

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

January 14, 2008, 03:34 PM

One of the SMJ guys took some pics but mostly of the AMA supermoto guys.

Chris
Unread
  (#4)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

January 14, 2008, 03:40 PM

:boooooooooooooooooooo:

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

January 14, 2008, 03:44 PM

Yeah...people were all taking pictures of the "stars" I don't blame them because watching them ride was simply amazing. They make backing in a bike look all too easy.

Chris
Unread
  (#6)
I got nothin....

January 14, 2008, 03:46 PM

I need visual stimulation!!!

Ride NAKED or Ride Dirty
Xbox live: declaredmental
Unread
  (#7)
( * )|( * )

January 14, 2008, 03:59 PM

If Cribb posts up the pics I'll post them up here.

Chris
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )

January 14, 2008, 07:13 PM

Cribb posted up some pics but they didn't come out as he wanted:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...Force_1-13-08/

These are the advanced guys....he was running the same group as me so he didn't get to take any pics of us.

Chris
Unread
  (#9)
Playing with toys

January 14, 2008, 08:31 PM

Nice photograph's

PSN - nate1213

RIP Storm May 29, 2009
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to N8RIDER  
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

January 15, 2008, 07:58 AM

This guy races AMA Supermoto...describing his riding just doesn't give him credit. He was passing people like they were standing still in a group where the riders are all very very fast. The way he would back the bike in made it look easy yet so smooth. I think he's coming out to All-Sport on Sunday...watching him is worth the trip.

Chris
Unread
  (#11)
( * )|( * )

January 15, 2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1213

Nice photograph's
Those are some good ones. We were all talking after the trackday how people hear "mini-supermoto" and think it's a bunch of people just going in circles...then they come to the track and realize the level of riding these guys are at. Even if you don't want to ride I'd encourage all of you to come check out a trackday sometime...it's very entertaining and you'll see some crazy fast riding.

Chris