DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 532
3 members and 529 guests
2blueyam, CCS762ZX6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Motocross Council -- For Great Justice!
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Motocross Council -- For Great Justice! - November 19, 2013, 09:10 AM

Facebook Like this Facebook page... or die.

https://www.facebook.com/mxcouncil

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

November 19, 2013, 03:29 PM

I live just a few minutes from this guy and have spent a decent amount of time with him. His heart is in the right place but he's trying to get the state to fund and operate an MX track on state lands. As awesome as that would be, it will never ever happen. It's hard enough to get the state to allow somebody else to fund and run a track on their own land. He's a bit longwinded (ironic since his name is Wind) but he's on one of the DNR boards and knows the paperwork process.
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer

November 19, 2013, 03:59 PM

I think we'll have a better shot at getting some woodland trails somewhere. A MX track does sound lofty. However, let's again consider mountain biking. Recently, pump tracks have become popular because they are something for all ages and styles. These require design, construction, and considerable maintenance. However, governances are putting them in, once there is momentum to do so. For example, Philly has one, and Newark, Delaware, is slated to get one too. These give me hope that we can at least some day get some wooded acreage in central Maryland and a green light to blaze some trails.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; November 19, 2013 at 04:02 PM..