DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 552
0 members and 552 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
MX to Woods valving
Unread
  (#1)
Chasing the dragon

MX to Woods valving - January 22, 2017, 11:29 PM

Picked up a 2006 YZ250F recently, rode it at Wicomico, and fell in love with ripping around the woods like a mad man. Now, time to get this thing dialed.

I've been reading up on folks changing up the shim stacks themselves to get good results for going from stock MX valving to woods riding. I have an idea on the forks after reading (and have tools/experience), but I am not sure about the shock (let alone have shock tools). Does someone care to guide a newb with toolage and knowledge? Springs are already good based on Race Tech's calculator.

I can bring beer!

More gas, less brake
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

April 25, 2017, 02:47 PM

You *could* do it yourself. But that involves pulling both the shock and forks apart. Do you have the specific tools to do that? And put it back together? I mean, the Race Tech Suspension Bible is pretty good about leading you through projects if you know the basics. Oh yeah, you need a tank of nitrogen and the tools to charge your shock.

Or you could just ship them to Works Enduro Rider and have them set up everything for your bike, preferred riding type, and skill level.

I sent out my KTM stuff initially. Was very satisfied with their work and turnaround speed.

Nowadays I do my own suspension. But yeah, I spent an equal amount of money on tools to ensure I can do it right.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg