DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
2 members and 506 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
nesba discriminates against Motards
Unread
  (#1)
Republicans for Voldemort

nesba discriminates against Motards - August 22, 2008, 07:16 PM

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1245
http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=1070

Only allowed on Summit JC and Pocono now....

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#2)
Has an idiot exemption

August 22, 2008, 08:25 PM

Sweet!

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Got Any Gwapes?

August 22, 2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZX9
Sweet!
+1....no slowtards in my way on mon...

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the Holocaust"

*GODFATHER*
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to boomboom929  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

August 22, 2008, 09:57 PM

I can see where they are coming from, but I think motards can work at more tracks in B group. For example, Shenandoh and Beaverun.

Regardless, I think they should just make a more general policy that includes more bikes. (cruisers, 250s, etc) Closing discreptancies of 50+ miles are not safe, and it's a good thing they are taking a proactive apprach to this issue.

I do like motards, and I see this as a good development because there will be more incentive for someone else to put on Motard only - and motard specific - TDs.
Unread
  (#5)
The last urrbendah

August 22, 2008, 10:59 PM

Good we gave them the Special Olympics. What else could they possibly want?

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.
Unread
  (#6)

August 22, 2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold
I can see where they are coming from, but I think motards can work at more tracks in B group. For example, Shenandoh and Beaverun.

Regardless, I think they should just make a more general policy that includes more bikes. (cruisers, 250s, etc) Closing discreptancies of 50+ miles are not safe, and it's a good thing they are taking a proactive apprach to this issue.

I do like motards, and I see this as a good development because there will be more incentive for someone else to put on Motard only - and motard specific - TDs.
I have no problem on the ban if it made sense... As of right now it's banning single cylinder dirtbikes with 17s.. It's a motard only ban... I know for a fact I am faster than a number of bikes - some of which is the rider - but I would bet my 625 is faster than the 250's and some 500's... Base it on something other than it looks like a dirt bike

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#7)
B
It goes to 11.

August 23, 2008, 02:19 AM

The motards can't compete on main.... fact... maybe in one case out of 500, other than that it still remains that a 600 will top 140 with a noob on the front straight and a tard will max out at 95 no matter who is riding it.

Jefferson is a better suited track.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#8)
Que se jodan!!

August 23, 2008, 06:56 AM

I agree with Witold - the speed at which I would close the distance with a motard on the straight at Main could be considered unnecessarily dangerous....don't get me wrong, I love motards (I even want one), but straight lines are not a motards friend when in the company of big sportbikes.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#9)
BE ENCOURAGED!

August 23, 2008, 08:33 AM

I guess the thing I dont get, is with the popularity of these bikes now, why not start a new class or group? I think it would catch on pretty fast and if speed is the factor I am not sure it would matter if you are a beginner or advanced.

I guess the only downside to that that I see is one more group means less sessions for the others, but I guess it is a trade off. Perhaps do a half the price thing for Motards and allow them to go out every other time or something would be a possiblity. Just an idea.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#10)
The last urrbendah

August 23, 2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
I have no problem on the ban if it made sense... As of right now it's banning single cylinder dirtbikes with 17s.. It's a motard only ban... I know for a fact I am faster than a number of bikes - some of which is the rider - but I would bet my 625 is faster than the 250's and some 500's... Base it on something other than it looks like a dirt bike
Its also a ban on twin-cylinders like the SXV 550, which can compete with the SV on everything except top end.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#11)
Agitator

August 23, 2008, 09:57 AM

the top end is what they are worried about....but if closing speed is the issue, why not ban the following:
1. a-holes on literbikes who brake before the 6 marker and I'm going 50mph faster than them on my SV into the brake zone
2. a-holes on [fill in the blank] who check up mid corner, with people going much faster behind them

I think its the closing speed in the areas where the acceleration/decceleration is the highest are the danger zones...corner exit and entry, because its most difficult for a human to judge speed when the speed is rapidly changing. As far as on the straight? give me a break, two bikes slowly accelerating and one rider cant tell the other is going substantially slower? so what? I've seen more close calls due to smaller bikes braking deeper than bigger bikes and thus nearly ass-packing the guys who just passed them.

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#12)

August 24, 2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie
Its also a ban on twin-cylinders like the SXV 550, which can compete with the SV on everything except top end.
I think it has more to do with the differences between the advantages of a sportsbike vs a motard. WHile a motard doesn't have the top speed it does have the superior cornering ability... I think it's more the sportsbike riders don't like being passed thru the turns by bikes they just passed in the straights.. Otherwise nesba would be banning other less hp bikes

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Unread
  (#13)
The last urrbendah

August 24, 2008, 09:00 PM

I don't think that has anything to do with it at all.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

August 25, 2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman
1. a-holes on literbikes who brake before the 6 marker and I'm going 50mph faster than them on my SV into the brake zone
2. a-holes on [fill in the blank] who check up mid corner, with people going much faster behind them
They are banning bikes that will never - no matter how good the rider is - overcome their inherent disadvantage.

They already address the 2 scenarios above by dividing people into different-rules groups so that riders are in a group that has similar skills to himself.

I agree with Hondahawk that it should be based on HP/clearance alone.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

August 25, 2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
WHile a motard doesn't have the top speed it does have the superior cornering ability...
Every motard rider says this, but I have yet to see anything to back this up. I have followed motards on the track (JC and Beaverun) and on the street, and they don't seem to corner any better than I corner.

I guess a motard may be able to do better on super ultra twisty corners - parking lot kind/go kart type - but I'm not sure that is true for regular sized corners like on roads like 33 or tracks like Beaverun. Even then, when I see the Rossi clip from when he was a kid and riding a sportbike through some gokart track backing it in everywhere, makes me think that sportbikes can do just as well on those super tight tracks if they back it in as well...