DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 566
4 members and 562 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, GRN96WS6, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
New KTM 990 Supermoto Revealed
Unread
  (#1)
Pleased to meet me

Cool New KTM 990 Supermoto Revealed - November 28, 2007, 12:19 PM

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/26nov...0supermoto.htm
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
( * )|( * )

November 28, 2007, 03:11 PM

KTM but that does look like a fun bike...

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#3)
Has an idiot exemption

November 28, 2007, 03:34 PM

Damn...I like that!

Steve

2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2008 Honda CRF 450R
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#4)
Republicans for Voldemort

November 29, 2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
KTM but that does look like a fun bike...
WTH ... with the KTM Bashing.... It's not like my 990 had any problem after I picked if up from the dealer.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm jealousy is such and ugly emotion ..

Nunya, is it definate that we are getting the 990sm in the states .. I have heard rumors to the effect we weren't - that the next big SM we would see if the 1190 with the Adventure rallye/street and RC8 1190 sports bikes... Awesome, if we are getting this sooner.. I know KTM made a bunch of changes from the 990 to the 950 per the customers reccomendations - I can't wait to see what the FI SM990 has in store.... Sweeeet

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#5)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

November 29, 2007, 06:45 AM

Hey I am pretty sure the USA will not be getting a 990SM for 08. Check out there website and you will not see it listed. http://www.ktmusa.com/Models-Accessories.2.20.html
I think they are really gonna push the 690 model line up this year and for 09 come in with the new bigger LC8 motor line up. If the 950SM wasn't so heavy like 100 lbs more than the 690 I would have gotten it.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#6)
Pleased to meet me

November 29, 2007, 06:46 AM

Also, the dollar is weak.

KTM rules and all that stuff!
Unread
  (#7)
( * )|( * )

November 29, 2007, 08:46 AM

double post

Chris

Last edited by deviousR6; November 29, 2007 at 08:52 AM..
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )

November 29, 2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadambusiness
Also, the dollar is weak.

KTM rules and all that stuff!
I think Europe just wants all the cool bikes

From a marketing perspective...aside from some of us here do you think this bike would sell? I mean in comparison to all the other bikes in the market...sportbike/cruiser/touring...etc...etc...???

I know in Europe this bike is probably sold prior to delivery. I think Supermoto is catching on here in the states but we're still a ways off from Europe's point of view of bikes...function VS fashion.

Chris
Unread
  (#9)

November 29, 2007, 09:17 AM

Hmmmm...I will bet you $$ that "bikes as fashion accessory" type riders and other poseurs will get a hypermotard vs the KTM 950/990 SM...

Don't get me wrong I like the Hm (nor am i calling you a poseur) - there is something that reaches out and grabs my very soul about it - it's sharp slick sexy all in one black/red package... Maybe it's the intensity on the black/red color combo - i dunno - but it also makes me feel as if I am being sold hype rather than bike... The HM is very cool - but it's Ducati's 2 sparc lower HP motor, and it's not much more than a stripped down multistrada...

The KTM SM - have been based on their Adv bikes (and now the superduke with the 990) which are the main KTM bikes - have all their latest and greatest bits and pieces. Plus the ADV series has some serious mojo behind it being the dakar platform that dominated (till they lowered the hp/cc requirements BECAUSE it dominated too much). When I looked into KTM - I found many many folks with 30-40+k miles on their 950's ...

While I will agree the HM looks cooler - but the KTM is probably more functional and will take traditional SM pounding better.....

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

November 29, 2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
Hmmmm...I will bet you $$ that "bikes as fashion accessory" type riders and other poseurs will get a hypermotard vs the KTM 950/990 SM...

Don't get me wrong I like the Hm (nor am i calling you a poseur) - there is something that reaches out and grabs my very soul about it - it's sharp slick sexy all in one black/red package... Maybe it's the intensity on the black/red color combo - i dunno - but it also makes me feel as if I am being sold hype rather than bike... The HM is very cool - but it's Ducati's 2 sparc lower HP motor, and it's not much more than a stripped down multistrada...

The KTM SM - have been based on their Adv bikes (and now the superduke with the 990) which are the main KTM bikes - have all their latest and greatest bits and pieces. Plus the ADV series has some serious mojo behind it being the dakar platform that dominated (till they lowered the hp/cc requirements BECAUSE it dominated too much). When I looked into KTM - I found many many folks with 30-40+k miles on their 950's ...

While I will agree the HM looks cooler - but the KTM is probably more functional and will take traditional SM pounding better.....
Reading what you wrote tells me you haven't ridden an HM. And I don't mean a stupid demo ride either...I'm talking about a real ride...hitting some turns a a decent clip, spinning up the rear (no not just suspension...I'm talking about actually spinning it up) pulling the front up out of some turns...that's when you'll realize what the HM is all about.
The motor may not be the most powerful but the power delivery and feel are incredible. The HM is truly a bike that you forget is under you when you're riding. It just does everything perfectly from eating up corners, delivering a linear powerband...and the sound...fack an ipod...the exhaust note alone is music. (then again I'm a poser so maybe I'll put the ipod back on

Anyhow, like I said...I'm just not a KTM fan...but the 990 does look like one bad ass bike! No argument that it would be fun as hell.

I am a poser though...I just ride to look cool not like I do any type of "real" riding

Chris
Unread
  (#11)
Pleased to meet me

November 29, 2007, 09:52 AM

I like the KTMs over the ducs but that's me. Oh, and the KTM videos are much better...
Unread
  (#12)

November 29, 2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
Reading what you wrote tells me you haven't ridden an HM. And I don't mean a stupid demo ride either...I'm talking about a real ride...hitting some turns a a decent clip, spinning up the rear (no not just suspension...I'm talking about actually spinning it up) pulling the front up out of some turns...that's when you'll realize what the HM is all about.
The motor may not be the most powerful but the power delivery and feel are incredible. The HM is truly a bike that you forget is under you when you're riding. It just does everything perfectly from eating up corners, delivering a linear powerband...and the sound...fack an ipod...the exhaust note alone is music. (then again I'm a poser so maybe I'll put the ipod back on

Anyhow, like I said...I'm just not a KTM fan...but the 990 does look like one bad ass bike! No argument that it would be fun as hell.

I am a poser though...I just ride to look cool not like I do any type of "real" riding
ridden em all .... and I bought a KTM - nuff said.....

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Unread
  (#13)
Officially Addicted to Posting

November 29, 2007, 10:00 AM

looks like the 520's fat sister

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#14)
( * )|( * )

November 29, 2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
ridden em all .... and I bought a KTM - nuff said.....
Well there you go...but any day I'll choose my HM...again and again...

It's all in how you ride and what you expect...

BTW...the DS1100 motor does 40k - 50k easy...one reason I went with the HM. The multi-strada has proven that motor to be reliable. My issue was related to a bad part...motor and tranny are 100% fine...and that could happen on ANY bike.

The KTM is bad ass...I give it props...but I'm not worried about convincing anyone to run out and buy the HM or anything else...as long as the rider is having fun...have at it!

Chris
Unread
  (#15)
( * )|( * )

November 29, 2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyadambusiness
I like the KTMs over the ducs but that's me. Oh, and the KTM videos are much better...
Right Click and "Save As" http://www.drsardonicus.com/Video/1100.wmv

and this is just the beginning...

Chris