DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 510
4 members and 506 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, GRN96WS6, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
New SM Track in VA
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

New SM Track in VA - June 23, 2008, 07:36 AM

www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=60062
The owner of the track is ready to let us come out and race. If I can generate enough interest I will go forward with this. The pics in the thread are of an event that I coordinated last year at MIR.
Hope to hear from some of you.
Aaron
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Got my Permit

June 27, 2008, 08:04 PM

This event is happening on August 16th at Colonial Beach Dragway.
www.cbdragway.com
www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=60572
Also events in September and October.

2007 ESMRA Vet 45+ Champion
Grassroots Racing Supermoto Director
Unread
  (#3)
Brainwash Your Face!

June 27, 2008, 11:12 PM

Thats awesome! Colonial Beach is not far at all!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Unread
  (#4)
mx racer for life!

July 7, 2008, 09:10 AM

im so in for this!!! will the dirt section be better than beaver run? can we have some big jumps please???!!!!????!!!!!

works creations.....vintage mx and street bike restorations! mx and street bike maintenance, set up and tuning. 3019432259
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Registratio now open
Unread
  (#5)
Got my Permit

Registratio now open - July 7, 2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastator
im so in for this!!! will the dirt section be better than beaver run? can we have some big jumps please???!!!!????!!!!!
I wish the dirt section was anywhere close to Beaverun. Sorry but at this time it will be minimal. I'm trying to stress to everyone that this is a very basic track, and I use the term loosely. If you look at the pics in my thread on SMJ (first post here) you will see what I am talking about. Hay bales/ trafic cones / barricade tape will be the track lay out. The dirt section was going to consist if just a couple of turns but the track owner is trying to get someone to put us in 1 or 2 small jumps, nothing more than bumps on the ground. We would al like more but this is, hopefully, the first step in getting SM in the DC area. With enough of a turn out for the 3 races I will be able to talk to him over the winter about a beter dirt section. But first we need the turnout.
Since the track is so minimal that is why the only charge is to enter the track. We wil also be working the corners ourselves when not racing. After these 3 events I will talk with everyone and if people don't want to continue that way I can start charging and provide corner workes, etc.
But, registration is now open for the August race-
www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=61248

Last edited by laohu69; July 7, 2008 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: additional info
Unread
  (#6)
Ballaugh Bridge

July 7, 2008, 05:50 PM

Maybe if I've fixed my DR650 transmission by then.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#7)
Brainwash Your Face!

July 7, 2008, 05:54 PM

Travis, get it done!

Actually thinking of trying to get a ride together of the people that are not going to VIR for the AMA's to go check this out

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

Unread
  (#8)
Got my Permit

July 7, 2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomchic00
Travis, get it done!

Actually thinking of trying to get a ride together of the people that are not going to VIR for the AMA's to go check this out
That would be awesome, we can use all the support we can to try and get this off the ground.
If the August date isn't doable we have 2 more sceduled- September 27 & October 25 (that one might be a little chilly).
Also bear in mind that the speed limit on the road there, 631, is 45 MPH (as I was informed by the local Sherrif last Sunday who clocked me at 80, I thought it was 55 and wasn't paying attention). He was cool enough to only write me up for 10MPH over though (first ticket this decade). I didn't hear his siren and he "chased" me for almost 2 miles before I heard him and stopped too. Being courteous and respectful sometimes pays off.

Unread
  (#9)
Brainwash Your Face!

July 7, 2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu69
That would be awesome, we can use all the support we can to try and get this off the ground.
If the August date isn't doable we have 2 more sceduled- September 27 & October 25 (that one might be a little chilly).
Also bear in mind that the speed limit on the road there, 631, is 45 MPH (as I was informed by the local Sherrif last Sunday who clocked me at 80, I thought it was 55 and wasn't paying attention). He was cool enough to only write me up for 10MPH over though (first ticket this decade). I didn't hear his siren and he "chased" me for almost 2 miles before I heard him and stopped too. Being courteous and respectful sometimes pays off.
Very true...

Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

July 7, 2008, 07:53 PM

Is this going to be for the big supermotos or mini's? End of Sept is doable for me...Oct as well.

I think I can gather up some peeps from SMJ that I've ran with as well who do both mini and real supermoto.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#11)
Got my Permit

July 7, 2008, 08:15 PM

Any size is welcome. Since the dirt will be minimal it will be easily doable by mini's (and beginners too). I just don't want anyone coming out expecting something like Beaverun or E-Towns big track and being disappointed. Even E-Towns old small parking lot track (t1 is in my avatar) was better than what I'll have set up. But it, hopefully, will be a start for us to build on in the DC area.
Last year all I could manage was the one event at MIR. This season 3 at Colonial Beach (I'm still talking to a couple other facilities but I don't want to overload myself and put on something that people & the track aren't happy with). If things go well we can run again next year at Colonial Beach and try to talk him into a better dirt section (& add more tracks), but we have to have the numbers to make it worth his while. I don't know about all of y'all but I'm tired of driving for 5 or 6 hours (or more) to race in PA, NJ & NY.
Hopefully this will work out for all of us.

Last edited by laohu69; July 7, 2008 at 08:31 PM..
Unread
  (#12)
( * )|( * )

July 7, 2008, 08:18 PM

Ok cool...I'll talk to some peeps and we'll get some minis to come out

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#13)
mx racer for life!

August 4, 2008, 11:22 AM

think im still in for this. i talked to the new manager of mountaineerraceway in west va sat, hes going ot be setting up a motard track soon!!!! please email the track to show support for this idea!! www.mountaineerraceway.com the mx track is great!!!!

works creations.....vintage mx and street bike restorations! mx and street bike maintenance, set up and tuning. 3019432259
Unread
  (#14)
God of the Gaps

August 4, 2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastator
think im still in for this. i talked to the new manager of mountaineerraceway in west va sat, hes going ot be setting up a motard track soon!!!! please email the track to show support for this idea!! www.mountaineerraceway.com the mx track is great!!!!
Fuck me! Mountaineer is about 20 minutes from my house. I take my sone over there to ride. That would be pretty damn sweet.
Unread
  (#15)
mx racer for life!

August 5, 2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripes
Fuck me! Mountaineer is about 20 minutes from my house. I take my sone over there to ride. That would be pretty damn sweet.
they're doin some mini moto there now, but he said if the track gets enough support, they'll do it!!!! also, been tryin to talk chad, the owner of www.tomahawkmx.com into building a new motard track this fall or early spring. so if anyone would want a motard track in west va, please eamil the track and show an interest in building a motard track. i think we can get this done!!!!!! eamil people