DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
5 members and 556 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
PSA: Don't ride quads; fat subaru hat
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

PSA: Don't ride quads; fat subaru hat - November 21, 2013, 04:37 PM

Epic.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
All weather rider

November 21, 2013, 04:59 PM

There are bugs out there in the dirt; one must have gotten up that biker's ass. He should be grateful he has a nice patch of earth to tear around on. Dodging 4- wheelers should be part of the fun. Guess he's just another angry guy.
Unread
  (#3)
Meh

November 21, 2013, 05:03 PM

Seems like an awful lot of gay in this whole thing...
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

November 21, 2013, 06:00 PM

I was disappointed that there weren't fists flying and then a high speed chase like the video title makes it seem.

Still, interesting video.

Nothing I say is to be taken seriously.

2004 Black ZX636
Unread
  (#5)
Sewing Machine Rider

November 21, 2013, 06:08 PM

I would not have watched this video if I had known how boring it was.

That said, those UTV's do let some really retarded people get places they probably shouldn't be.
Unread
  (#6)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

November 21, 2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
That said, those UTV's do let some really retarded people get places they probably shouldn't be.

I concur. The weekends in the lower trails near Breckenridge were painful sometimes. I go and try to be a very polite and respectful rider. Slow near others, pass nicely, etc. But the Razor riders and quad riders would act like we needed to get in line behind them because their vehicle was bigger? (Some, mostly the UTE's. But the bigger packs of male & female quad riders were just as bad.)

Still, it was fun passing them on the really difficult stuff.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

November 21, 2013, 10:24 PM

Video should be titled "dumb ass moto kid almost gets his ass beat for riding like a moron with no flag and railing where people are standing"
Unread
  (#8)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

November 21, 2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
Video should be titled "dumb ass moto kid almost gets his ass beat for riding like a moron with no flag and railing where people are standing"

Yup. That too. But hey, if he hits the razor, he's at fault in the middle of the desert. Not like we know anybody who would throw themselves under one of those.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#9)
Sewing Machine Rider

November 21, 2013, 11:49 PM

How about they don't stand next to a feature people are lapping or on the trail and expect others to slow down, especially when the whole desert is available. I don't see why spectators should get priority in a situation they're causing. They should be standing in reasonable places and not creating a hazard in the first place. There are certainly exceptions, but don't just stop in the middle of the trail like a retard and get in the way when it's perfectly avoidable with the slightest amount of forethought or consideration for others.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is being a twat about it, but he seems to be in control and I don't feel any sympathy for the UTV'ers. It's like they're the motorsports equivalent of gapers at a ski resort.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

November 22, 2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
How about they don't stand next to a feature people are lapping or on the trail and expect others to slow down, especially when the whole desert is available. I don't see why spectators should get priority in a situation they're causing. They should be standing in reasonable places and not creating a hazard in the first place. There are certainly exceptions, but don't just stop in the middle of the trail like a retard and get in the way when it's perfectly avoidable with the slightest amount of forethought or consideration for others.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is being a twat about it, but he seems to be in control and I don't feel any sympathy for the UTV'ers. It's like they're the motorsports equivalent of gapers at a ski resort.

Last edited by drt_Jumper; November 22, 2013 at 12:18 AM..
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

November 22, 2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:

edited, nevermind not worth responding to.
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

November 22, 2013, 06:08 AM

First of all, I just thought the whole interaction was funny because of how stupid it all was, from everyone involved. But you have to admit that, while he was riding fairly aggressively, the guy on the dirt bike was just doing what people go to an ORV PARK to do--ride! I have the attitude that if a group of disaffected 40-something gen-xers want to putt around for five minutes on their breaks from the exhausting activity of spectating, then they should do it off coarse. Like the dirt biker said, "anyone can push the gas." Even so, he was willing to let them in and do their thing. They, however, were not willing to share the area they had cordoned off for themselves. You can tell who was attempting to dominate who by who made the threatening comments.

The dirt bike riders needed to have flags, if that was a rule for riding in the park. There is no excuse for that. But when five or so middle-aged men in LL Bean clothing put on beanies and sunglasses and roll out their expensive toys, it all grants them how much authority? None. Yet those guys took it upon themselves to govern what goes on at an ORV park. I can't help but think that justice prevailed.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#13)
whoa preppy......

November 22, 2013, 06:56 AM

I should have read the replies here first.

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
100% Kawasaki Biased

November 22, 2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDawg View Post
Yup. That too. But hey, if he hits the razor, he's at fault in the middle of the desert. Not like we know anybody who would throw themselves under one of those.

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house.

'07 ZX-10R - 156 RWHP/182 MPH
'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Jpc...eature=related
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...bud_408656.htmfeature=related

The difference between men and boys is that boys make excuses and men make changes.
Unread
  (#15)
TPG og

November 22, 2013, 12:51 PM

So the guy and his kid were sitting on top of a berm, and got pissed when someone turned around on said berm?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st