DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:



Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 535
1 members and 534 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Relace 17" wheel
Unread
  (#1)
RIP Jeff Vega
 
Speed3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,259
Join Date: January 4, 2004
Location: Fredneck
Relace 17" wheel - March 24, 2010, 09:42 AM

I need someone who can offset/relace my rear wheel. I was getting rubbing on the rear tire pretty bad and moved to a non-O ring change to keep things narrow. Its help but...I hate the chain I have now and want something new. I need someone that can move the rear wheel about 1/2 inch or so but remain true.

Any ideas locally???

Other suggestions...
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM
 
dodge131's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,567
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: NOVA
March 24, 2010, 11:22 AM

You can't offset your wheel cause then your alignment between F/R will be off. Best thing to do will be to space the chain drive over a bit. What bike and tire combo with rim size do you have?


www.RnRcycles.com


Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#3)
Derpentine Dealer
 
OrangeShirtDude's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,464
Join Date: April 6, 2007
Location: "Going Bonkers"
March 24, 2010, 11:25 AM



How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#4)
RIP Jeff Vega
 
Speed3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,259
Join Date: January 4, 2004
Location: Fredneck
March 24, 2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
You can't offset your wheel cause then your alignment between F/R will be off. Best thing to do will be to space the chain drive over a bit. What bike and tire combo with rim size do you have?
XR650R 17 x 4.25 150/60/17 tire.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#5)
Playing in the dirt
 
jar944's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,171
Join Date: June 8, 2008
Location: South Riding
March 24, 2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
You can't offset your wheel cause then your alignment between F/R will be off. Best thing to do will be to space the chain drive over a bit. What bike and tire combo with rim size do you have?
Dodge,
Offsetting the rim is somewhat common on SUMO setups, more so on the 5x160 setups (just search "offset" on SMJ and look at all the threads) Though I do agree that it should be one of the the last options.

Speed,
Any good shop should be able to do it, though if you have time it's not that hard. Measure the current (tire to swingarm) on both the L & R sides, you may find that the rim is not currently centered.

Also if the rub is not that bad you may want to look into an aftermarket (sumo) chain guide first
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM
 
dodge131's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,567
Join Date: May 31, 2006
Location: NOVA
March 24, 2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post
Dodge,
Offsetting the rim is somewhat common on SUMO setups, more so on the 5x160 setups (just search "offset" on SMJ and look at all the threads) Though I do agree that it should be one of the the last options.

Speed,
Any good shop should be able to do it, though if you have time it's not that hard. Measure the current (tire to swingarm) on both the L & R sides, you may find that the rim is not currently centered.

Also if the rub is not that bad you may want to look into an aftermarket (sumo) chain guide first
Yea well it may be common but its not good to do. Your bike will be an ill handling one. Spacing out a chain is such an easy job. Also maybe find a different profile tire. Certain brands tend to run wider than others.


www.RnRcycles.com


Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Unread
  (#7)
RIP Jeff Vega
 
Speed3's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,259
Join Date: January 4, 2004
Location: Fredneck
March 24, 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Yea well it may be common but its not good to do. Your bike will be an ill handling one. Spacing out a chain is such an easy job. Also maybe find a different profile tire. Certain brands tend to run wider than others.
That is what I'm trying to do. Currently running Contiforce SM tire, looking to check out Pilot Power width wise.

I'm certainly no mechanic, I just like to ride chit without nagging issues.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest 2002-2010 by DCSportbikes.net. DCSportbikes.net is owned by End of Time Studios, LLC.