DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 538
0 members and 538 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
A Shity Dirty Sunday: My first time Trail Riding & Hill Climbing
Unread
  (#1)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Talking A Shity Dirty Sunday: My first time Trail Riding & Hill Climbing - December 2, 2014, 09:38 AM

Dirt Ride #1 (my first time)
2014 Gunn Runnaz Dirt Sessions: A Shity Dirty Sunday #1 - YouTube
Preview of Dirt Ride #2...
http://youtu.be/pBOgy34HAis

Ok so this was my first time on anything other than flat grounds....I took Corner Spin, and rode at a .Netters spot in VA, but never rode any kind of terrain.
We rode at my boys (Not legal so won't say) spot in MD. It was 10 times more than what I was expecting. It ended up being super fun but I got tired fast, and starting off with allot of crashes and hurting my tumb and breaking my clutch lever that kept cutting into my finger made it a hard ride.
I have the OEM 2007 Pirellis tires still on this bike. Seems to work, but not sure if I should pop new tires on or not. Video is 50 minutes long (had to chop 4 hours down) and it shows allot of the different terrain.
Next season I plan on getting a WR250F because I like the convince of electric start (and kick start built in) head lights and a kick stand. Also parts are easy to get. Other older bikes I look up ... parts are hard to find.

List of bikes:
Vonstallin: 2007 Yamaha TTR-230 (4stroke)
Mean Gene: 2006 Yamaha YZ250F (4stroke)
Shank: 2007 HondaCR 125 (2stroke)
Greek Nick: Suzuki RM250 (2stroke)
JC: 2000 Kawasaki KX125 (2stroke)

THis was started in the Beefing up the TTR 230 thread.
I cranked down the tail end of the bike and it felt good, but the front end felt soft compared to my boys bikes.

Beefing up a TTR230: YZ250/125 suspension on TTR230??

2014 Gunn Runnaz Dirt Sessions: A Shity Dirty Sunday #1 - YouTube

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|

Last edited by vonstallin; December 8, 2014 at 01:01 AM..
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#2)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 2, 2014, 10:19 AM

tree action

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

December 2, 2014, 11:30 AM

Awesome variety of terrain! Looks like a lot of fun was had.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 2, 2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windblown View Post
Awesome variety of terrain! Looks like a lot of fun was had.
I wasnt ready for it...had no clue what it was like. Ill do better next time.

Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

December 2, 2014, 12:06 PM

Nice, I can't watch the vid too much (these kinds of vids make me sick) but it seems to be the place I used to go once or twice a week when I was younger. I had tagged my dirt bike and took the street to get there.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

December 2, 2014, 01:12 PM

Come out to Taskers with us one day and this place will seem like riding a smooth parking lot. Looks like fun.
Unread
  (#7)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

December 2, 2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
Come out to Taskers with us one day and this place will seem like riding a smooth parking lot. Looks like fun.
+1 to this. i won't be riding again until May according to my doctor. Waaaaaaaaaaa

Guess i will just have more time to work on the herd of bikes. Mooooooo

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#8)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 2, 2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Im going to try and go out this sunday to the same spot...
see how I am this go round.

Are dirt tires stiff as shit?

Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

December 2, 2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Im going to try and go out this sunday to the same spot...
see how I am this go round.

Are dirt tires stiff as shit?
Nice, I need to get out this weekend and ride as well. Need to put some time in on the new bike. If you ever want to try riding a full size bike you can try out my 450. Your arms may be a little longer at the end of the ride though...lol.

As for tires it all depends on the tire and how much pressure you are running. If it isn't rocky and fairly smooth I would run 9-10 on your bike in the rear and 11 up front. Should hook up well and absorb some of the small hits.
Unread
  (#10)
Your Ad Here

December 2, 2014, 07:29 PM

Lol. I think I know the spot where your tom foolery was had. Dicked around back there last year while they were still building "it" on a buddies quad.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 3, 2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Nice, I need to get out this weekend and ride as well. Need to put some time in on the new bike. If you ever want to try riding a full size bike you can try out my 450. Your arms may be a little longer at the end of the ride though...lol.

As for tires it all depends on the tire and how much pressure you are running. If it isn't rocky and fairly smooth I would run 9-10 on your bike in the rear and 11 up front. Should hook up well and absorb some of the small hits.
Cant imagine a 450 lol
im going to test out my boys yz250f next time.

Unread
  (#12)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 3, 2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Lol. I think I know the spot where your tom foolery was had. Dicked around back there last year while they were still building "it" on a buddies quad.
Lol
yeah...thats......it.

Unread
  (#13)
Sewing Machine Rider

December 3, 2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:

I might run a little more pressure than that being new to dirt; give yourself a little room for error in line choice so you don't get pinch flats. Less traction also means you can get more comfy sliding and crash slower.

Looks like fun!
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

December 3, 2014, 09:43 AM

I'm finally looking at this on something other than a phone. Now that I see the pics big I'm pretty sure of where it is. I miss having access to this place (I've considered get a dual sport just to zip through there at lunch from work sometimes). I was in really good riding shape when I used to go there since I could get out frequently.

One time I was out there on my own but saw someone else and went to catch up to them. It was a really dusty day and as I got closer the trail was invisible due to the dust. I backed off a little bit just in time to see the dust clear on a ~20" tall 'wall'. Endo time. I was in the air long enough to do my taxes. I landed on my back and collapsed both lungs and thought I was going to die out there. The guy I was catching up to never even knew I was there.
Unread
  (#15)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

December 3, 2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkRoy View Post
I'm finally looking at this on something other than a phone. Now that I see the pics big I'm pretty sure of where it is. I miss having access to this place (I've considered get a dual sport just to zip through there at lunch from work sometimes). I was in really good riding shape when I used to go there since I could get out frequently.

One time I was out there on my own but saw someone else and went to catch up to them. It was a really dusty day and as I got closer the trail was invisible due to the dust. I backed off a little bit just in time to see the dust clear on a ~20" tall 'wall'. Endo time. I was in the air long enough to do my taxes. I landed on my back and collapsed both lungs and thought I was going to die out there. The guy I was catching up to never even knew I was there.
Damn...how did you make it out?

There are allot of peps back there...but mostly quads....im glad they cant get to most of the spots we take. They dig some seriously deep ruts and it fills with water and mud.
I think the old section b4 the new "road" was put in had better drop in points. We leave from my boys house who live about 1/2 a mile down from a good drop in point. But we dont want to make his block hot with all the dirt bikes, and so far they been keeping it super tight on who they let ride because we stage up in his back yard. Don't want just anybody over the house.
We are going to scout out a spot we can park and have others meet us there for future missions.