DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
0 members and 560 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Sikk 110 now has 12's!
Unread
  (#1)
( * )|( * )

Sikk 110 now has 12's! - December 24, 2007, 12:21 PM

Ok, so I put a supermoto tire on the front and rear with the rear being upgraded to a 12 inch.

The handling is MUCH different, it actually feels more like a real bike than a pitbike if that makes sense. Mainly it doesn't turn in quite as fast yet feels a lot more stable.

The tires are a Q-ing??? They are a pavement profile tire and I took the bike out to a parking lot to scrub them in and they did not slip once. Now I wasn't pushing them as hard as I could but I wasn't exactly coasting either so I'm pretty impressed.

I'm hoping they'll work well at All-Sport but I know for pavement they are great! I think if they heat up they'll be fine...although this time I managed to get them scrubbed in a little so that should help.

Now, I had a bit of a scare because one of my rims needed to be trued pretty badly and I wasn't sure if I would get it to the point where the bike would feel smooth. I tightened up the spokes and worked on the area where the rim was out of true and I must have gotten it close enough because the bike felt very nice. I honestly expected it to shake but it felt pretty good.

I put 30psi front and rear so I guess I'll adjust if need be but if it hooks like it did in the parking lot at All-Sport I'm set

See everyone Sunday at All-Sport!

pics!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Last edited by deviousR6; December 24, 2007 at 12:46 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

December 24, 2007, 12:44 PM

We're putting blinders on your ass so you don't look back. :slap:

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#3)
( * )|( * )

December 24, 2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX2050
We're putting blinders on your ass so you don't look back. :slap:
Nah...if these tires work...and I think they will...just like the first time when my knobbies scrubbed in I won't have problems at all keeping up if not passing.

Last time I had so many issues I just didn't want to hold people up...just not how I roll...

I think these will work well and after taking them out in parking lot I'm very please with the handling and tires so we'll see.

I think the reason I had issues with that other front was due to the fact that I didn't get a chance to scrub it in. As you can tell from the pics, I have these scrubbed in a little so we'll see...either way I'm sure it will be an improvement over last time...you know I wasn't running as fast as I was the first time out and I was pushing harder

Chris
Unread
  (#4)
Typical Stripper

December 24, 2007, 01:09 PM

How much for the kit?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

December 24, 2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
How much for the kit?
I bought a rear rim, the Sikk I bought ($700 new) came with a 12 inch front so the rear 12-inch rim + F/R tires came out to $134.

PM if you want a Sikk 110cc for $700 brand new, there's a guy on Ebay from PA selling them which is where I got mine from.

Chris
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

December 24, 2007, 01:44 PM

I have the link..... not a bad deal really. Did you do anything else notable to yours?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

December 24, 2007, 02:41 PM

Sweet!! As for psi isn't that kinda high? Rick told me to run about 16 psi on a XR100. I got the bike and did some tuning up on it so I am ready!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )

December 24, 2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
I have the link..... not a bad deal really. Did you do anything else notable to yours?
Not really, I added the hand guards, tires, and rear rim. The bike already comes with the upgraded exhaust and intake so there wasn't much I needed to do.

My bike is dead even with the KLX 110cc and most 125's...so for now I won't change much other than put parts to make it more crash proof.

Chris
Unread
  (#9)
( * )|( * )

December 24, 2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
Sweet!! As for psi isn't that kinda high? Rick told me to run about 16 psi on a XR100. I got the bike and did some tuning up on it so I am ready!
I ran a higher PSI at All-Sport last time and it actually helped. Kinda depends on the surface, each weekend it changes so sometimes going low helps...other times you have to add air.

Chris on the 125 with 12's and similar tire told me to run 30psi so I'll try that.

Just out in the parking lot I couldn't even get the front to push so it should be a good starting point.

Of course, it depends on what tires you're running...I think the trial tires run lower PSI than the supermoto tires.

Chris
Unread
  (#10)
( * )|( * )

December 25, 2007, 01:09 PM

fack...this thing is crazy...not even opened up GPS had 45mph. Although, I hit a bump and got some headshake...normally not a big deal but I didn't have a helmet on so that was a little freaky

I got the bike all the way over and if I don't look down this bike feels exactly like the big bikes.

Tires are scrubbed in...now I just have to cross my fingers that they work on smooth cement because on pavement they are sick!

Anyone looking for tires check out Q-DIN tires

Chris