DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
1 members and 563 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Supermoto/Offroad GEAR: Need recommendations
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Supermoto/Offroad GEAR: Need recommendations - April 27, 2011, 10:37 AM

Fellaz,

I have dirt pants and sumo pants. What I'm looking for are both knee protection and upper body protection. For dirt and summit point, I plan to buy a Beta jersey. For street, I'll wear a street jacket. I need the shit for under the jersey and for when we go to taskers gap.

I'm thinking A* knee braces. How about upper body? Anywhere I can go try on and buy locally? Not a lot of time for fucking around since I want to be ready for the Tasker's outing.

THANKS, not in advance, but right now, at this moment, as you read and contemplate, because I really appreciate it even if you can't offer much advice!

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

April 27, 2011, 10:49 AM

hmm with such a short timeframe craigslist won't offer too much help, I have a

that I got a sick deal on, seems to work fine. If I went to buy a new one I'd get the one that extends to the elbows and forearms too though. People say they don't offer too much protection but I've taken spills in the dirt in mine and been alright, I wear my street jacket for the elbow/arm protection

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

April 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

I wish I could help but I am just sporting my off road gear at summit which I will most likely regret. I wear the usual mx gear with knee guards and elbow guards usually. I know six six one makes some sick upper body protection.
Unread
  (#4)
Street Bonk Bum.....

April 27, 2011, 10:58 AM

i have the A* bionic stuff (mine is the long sleeve version) i use it for dirt riding and it works great! i have the knee guards too....if i were you i would get the long sleeve as it offers forearm and elbow protection

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

April 27, 2011, 11:00 AM

Upper body, Donovan wears:
:: SixSixOne Protection ::

Knees:
https://www.asterisk.com/secured.php

Neck:
EVS Sports - Products

We are considering going to Alpinestar for neck protection next. We did look at Leatt and I think it's almost a toss up between A* and Leatt in that it's whichever one feels more comfy and works with the 661 ballistic jersey.

If you're there on Fri, come find us and you can look at them in person. Green Excursion, KTM 250 #469, Line-X ez-up. Probably will not have our Willow Row Racing trailer.

Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer

2013 Sponsors: Munn Racing, KTM-Parts.com, Sunstar, ONE Industries, 661, Sunline, Tag Metals, Cycra, Asterisk, Leatt, GoPro, Twin Air, Factory Backing and Mom & Dad

Helen's Facebook
WillowRowRacing Facebook
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SxyRdr Send a message via AIM to SxyRdr  
Unread
  (#6)
Derpentine Dealer

April 27, 2011, 11:06 AM

Thanks, yeah I'm definitely getting something with elbow and forearm protection.

Not sure about neck brace yet. I'll probably postpone since I'm not gonna be going big yet for a while.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#7)
GP Racer

April 27, 2011, 11:10 AM

I think someone on here had a bionic pressure suit for sale? I remember seeing it not long ago, not sure if they would still have it or not though.

-Joe

17 Beta 250RR/RE
09 Husky WR177
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gots_a_sol  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Racer

April 27, 2011, 11:20 AM

here ya go

Buy This Stuff: Gear/Gun Related Items Inside

-Joe

17 Beta 250RR/RE
09 Husky WR177
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gots_a_sol  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

April 27, 2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
Thanks, yeah I'm definitely getting something with elbow and forearm protection.

Not sure about neck brace yet. I'll probably postpone since I'm not gonna be going big yet for a while.
One thing about the EVS neck brace is that it's only $175. A* and Leatt are $300+.

Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer

2013 Sponsors: Munn Racing, KTM-Parts.com, Sunstar, ONE Industries, 661, Sunline, Tag Metals, Cycra, Asterisk, Leatt, GoPro, Twin Air, Factory Backing and Mom & Dad

Helen's Facebook
WillowRowRacing Facebook
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SxyRdr Send a message via AIM to SxyRdr  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

April 27, 2011, 11:39 AM

If you want to just grab something to get by with while you mull over all the options I have a Thor chest protector, and a pair of shin & elbow guards you can borrow for the day. Only issue will be getting them.

I'm located just northwest of Taskers Gap but I'll be at Summit on the 8th. If you want I can throw them in the truck and you can pick them up on your way past Summit and drop them off on your way back, or if you'll be at Taskers until dark I can swing by there and get them at the end of the day.
Unread
  (#11)
Playing in the dirt

April 27, 2011, 01:30 PM

Knee/shin
evs SC03 (similar to the 05's but when i was shopping the 3's got better comfort reviews) EVS SC03 Pastrana Knee/Shin Guards - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

forearm/elbow
EVS Burly elbow guards. They go on like a sleeve and stay where thay are supposed to. EVS Burly Elbow Guards - ATV - Motorcycle Superstore

For a chest protector I have a Thor similar to this, and it's held up for the last 12 years
Thor Motocross Quadrant Protector - Dirt Bike Motocross - Motorcycle Superstore

KTMs and Yamahas
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

April 27, 2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gots_a_sol View Post
Good call, Joe. Thanks!