DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
2 members and 555 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Supermotoz @ Summit Point, 30 July 2010
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

Supermotoz @ Summit Point, 30 July 2010 - July 6, 2010, 03:37 PM

Oh it's time! We have the next date for July, the 30th (Friday). Dates have been announced for August and September; look for separate threads about those.

Washington/Kart circuit featuring a supermoto-specific dirt section.

Tech starts at 7 am.

More to come. We need a good showing to keep these going! The closest supermoto events 2nd to Summit are the Sundays up at BeaveRun which is about 4 hours away. Doesn't matter what skill level you're at, just come do this. $50 and lunch is provided.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; July 6, 2010 at 05:47 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm a llama again!

July 6, 2010, 03:42 PM

What is required to do this?

Do you have to safety wire everything?

I am a total newb. But I would love to take the hyper around the track.
Unread
  (#3)
It's all good..

July 6, 2010, 03:45 PM

Both Summit and Beaver run are great times. Don't think I'm going to make Beaver Run this weekend though :o( Summit is possible if I don't sell the bike by then.

Paul J
03 Busa
08 150R sumo
10 SXV 550
06 GSX-R1000

dprams1 "Really guy, really, you strapped your bike to the top of your car. Wow, wow, really"

Stillie: "The day you get on motard is the day you write of society as a whole. They are the ones living incomplete. Fuck them. "

PSN: paulj70

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009

http://www.rememberinggregwalker.com/index.html
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to UUBusa Send a message via AIM to UUBusa  
Unread
  (#4)
Traction Control

July 6, 2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
What is required to do this?

Do you have to safety wire everything?

I am a total newb. But I would love to take the hyper around the track.
This

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a llama again!

July 6, 2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
This

Ok Nothing check.

I will need full leathers correct?
Unread
  (#6)
Traction Control

July 6, 2010, 04:37 PM

nah I was saying I wanna know what you need cause I don't know either

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

July 6, 2010, 04:38 PM

hmmm, so summit is going to let motards on their track? I may actually be able to do this!

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...ull_finger.gif
"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, for tonight we dine in HELL"

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to R6speed Send a message via AIM to R6speed  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

July 6, 2010, 05:22 PM

Shandenodah?
Unread
  (#9)
Derpentine Dealer

July 6, 2010, 05:45 PM

This will be round 3 on the Washington circuit kart track and the awesome supermoto dirt section the fellas built. Here are a few things about the course:

The dirt section has some jumps that you can roll over or fly over. You can skip the tabletop altogether if you want, although it's easier than the double up toward the beginning of the dirt which you cannot go around but just have to be careful rolling over (i.e. go slow).

The tarmac is very slippery because of some sort of sealant or finish they put on it. I'm sure the kart guys love it, but it takes some getting used to on a bike. I strongly recommend rain tires, if you have them or have the budget to get a set. They are awesome in the dirt too. If you don't have rain tires then plan to run your cold pressures in the neighborhood of 18-20 lbs front and rear.

A hypermotard is going to feel big the first time, as did my 690. However, you get used to running in 1st and 2nd gears, and you may start grabbing 3rd in one or two spots on the tarmac. Just come out, take it easy for a while in the beginning, and have a good time.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#10)
Inquire photoshoot within

July 6, 2010, 07:02 PM

Would so be @ this if I wasn't on my way to the West coast!

Chose to drive the car more this year!

I <3 my Honda.
Weaksauce.org
WDCR SCCA #45/20
Weapon of choice-Rebel XT

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MotoBlairF4  
Unread
  (#11)
Traction Control

July 6, 2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
This will be round 3 on the Washington circuit kart track and the awesome supermoto dirt section the fellas built. Here are a few things about the course:

The dirt section has some jumps that you can roll over or fly over. You can skip the tabletop altogether if you want, although it's easier than the double up toward the beginning of the dirt which you cannot go around but just have to be careful rolling over (i.e. go slow).

The tarmac is very slippery because of some sort of sealant or finish they put on it. I'm sure the kart guys love it, but it takes some getting used to on a bike. I strongly recommend rain tires, if you have them or have the budget to get a set. They are awesome in the dirt too. If you don't have rain tires then plan to run your cold pressures in the neighborhood of 18-20 lbs front and rear.

A hypermotard is going to feel big the first time, as did my 690. However, you get used to running in 1st and 2nd gears, and you may start grabbing 3rd in one or two spots on the tarmac. Just come out, take it easy for a while in the beginning, and have a good time.

I've got battleaxe right now. Might put on a pair of distanzias before then. Anyone got advice on that for doin sumo days?

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#12)
Get Tarded!

July 6, 2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
I've got battleaxe right now. Might put on a pair of distanzias before then. Anyone got advice on that for doin sumo days?
I ran the distanzias sm compound, still a little slick.... but they were more predictable than sportcraps..

I ran about 25psi in the rear on a 150

It was fun, I still need to get dedicated motorcycle knee protection and a bigger set of balls to get frisky with.

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#13)
Traction Control

July 6, 2010, 07:42 PM

I'll be taking it very slow obviously. I've got full leathers and shitz so I guess all I need to know is bike prep. I'm definitely not used to dirt so I'll be lookin for some fun gravel trails or something to try to get used to bein loose in the rear

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
Unread
  (#14)
I'm a llama again!

July 6, 2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarded Jake View Post
I ran the distanzias sm compound, still a little slick.... but they were more predictable than sportcraps..

I ran about 25psi in the rear on a 150

It was fun, I still need to get dedicated motorcycle knee protection and a bigger set of balls to get frisky with.
You don't rock full leathers? Can I do this with out full leathers?
Unread
  (#15)
Derpentine Dealer

July 6, 2010, 07:51 PM

Jacob was there in a speedo

They are happy to have people show up and although I can't promise anything, I'm thinking you can still get away with textile paints. I wear the whole 9 yards though.

Gearwise there are some considerations. If you want to do jumps, you really ought to have mx or supermoto boots because the footbeds are more substantial and transfer the impact across your entire foot. Road racing boots have a fairly wussy footbed. In this same vein, you definitely do not want to be sticking your foot out on the tarmac without slider soles. Sticky soles may facilitate serious injury upon planting weight in a slide.

It'll probably be hot, and the course is physically demanding. I recommend making a concerted effort to get in shape for this event. There's plenty of time to do some jogging and bicycling beforehand. Trust me, otherwise you'll hit exhaustion long before the day is through.

Still, even if you do very little to prepare, it'd be great to see you all out there at the end of the month. I'll update the top post with tech requirements in a day or two.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; July 6, 2010 at 07:58 PM..