DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 538
1 members and 537 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
TENATIVE ALL-SPORT 2007/2008 Schedule!!!!!!
Unread
  (#1)
( * )|( * )

Talking TENATIVE ALL-SPORT 2007/2008 Schedule!!!!!! - October 10, 2007, 06:57 PM

Here is the tentative schedule which was posted on Supermotojunkies.com from Monty who organizes the events.

This is some of the best money you can spend to not only build your skill but have a crap load of fun.

I'd recommend full gear because there's a 99% chance you will crash...I did at least once every single event. Most of the time you'll end up lowsiding once in a while someone will highside but nobody was hurt at any event last year so it's safe *as safe as it can be* You can ride any 4-stroke mini-supermoto that is 250cc or smaller. Most people run 125's with kits...some run 50's again with the kits that make them 85's. So basically, any pit bike is welcome (no pocket bikes sorry)

If you plan on attending an event, please make sure you can make it...they count on each person to gather up enough money to reserve the track so if you say you can make it then don't show up it messes everything up. Monty does NOT make money off this!

They do run Advanced, Intermediate, and Beginner groups. Knobbies work, they just take a little more time to heat up but they slide just fine while the indoor tires do offer more grip and are a bit better. Unless you've raced flat-track...I highly suggest you start out in the beginner group...and you'll find even the beginner group is crazy fast! Advanced often has pro level racers out there for practice and Intermediate usually has a lot of expert level racers as well so the fields are all very very fast however, in the beginner group they leave you room so don't worry about not having a group to run...everyone is welcome just play nice!

Here's the info...I'll be doing just about every date beginning in November since I'm buying my 125 next month. I really hope to see some of you out there because it is a lot of fun and even watching is very entertaining.

From Monty:

VA-DC-MD-PA Allsports Indoor schedule
Hey guys,
The first two dates are confirmed:
Sunday, October 28th, 8AM to NOON
Sunday, November 25th, 7AM to 11AM

DO NOT RSVP at this time, I'll just delete it to keep the inbox clear. I'll send out a separate email a week or two prior to each event along with the final schedule.

The rest of the schedule will be all Sundays but is tentative and looks something like this:
12/16 7-11 OR 12/23 8-12, probably 12/16 even though it conflicts with Portsmouth
12/30 8-12 95% sure
1/20 7-11 95% sure
2/17 7-11 OR 2/24 7-11, probably 2/17
3/16 7-11 95% sure even though it conflicts with Richmond
4/6 time and availability pending.

Start spreading the word and getting me updated email addresses. The costs will fluctuate between $40-$45 per event depending on turn out. There may be a few events that run $50 but those will have only TWO GROUPS so the extra $5-$10 will return huge amounts of track time.

It was getting a bit crowded out there last year so I'm going to lower the number of riders in each group so you get a clearer track and have more fun.

www.allsportsgp.com is where it goes down.

Keep your eyes peeled for more info or email montyw2@aol.com

Thanks!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Last edited by deviousR6; December 7, 2007 at 01:14 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#swag

October 10, 2007, 10:11 PM

OhHHHh.. I might have to do some of these..

Better get my 50 in check..

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#3)
Knee Draggin!

October 10, 2007, 10:48 PM

Are block passes legal if you do them to your buddies Most people usually have about a 110% chance of wrecking, but it's a pit bike so instead of getting hurt and damaging a bike or just laugh your ass off. These types of events are a blast I did a bunch when I was in Germany and one in Ohio last winter. Hopefully I will have my new pit bike in time for all of these rounds! I just need to move the supermoto conversion kit to the top of the priority list (how’s that for priorities).

Don't think all these machines are slow either; some people are stupid fast on these tiny machines.

Charlie
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

October 11, 2007, 07:17 AM

Are two strokes allowed?
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

October 11, 2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocadile
Are two strokes allowed?
No...4-stroke only since it's indoors.

Chris
Unread
  (#6)
( * )|( * )

October 11, 2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniecs
Don't think all these machines are slow either; some people are stupid fast on these tiny machines.
I think when people come out and see a few laps they're like these guys are no joke! However, at least they do have a beginner group where people are "nice"

Intermediate/Advanced...there's plenty of contact

Again...it's pretty safe...there are lots of crashes but usually people are able to walk away

Chris
Unread
  (#7)
#swag

October 11, 2007, 08:33 AM

What tires do you reccomend on their surface in there? I need a 10x2.75..

Unread
  (#8)
( * )|( * )

October 11, 2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFORC1
What tires do you reccomend on their surface in there? I need a 10x2.75..
You can run knobbies or slicks...usually you can adjust by air pressure. Once the surface heats up it sticks well. It's usually a mix of slicks/road tire...as you may guess, the road tires stick a bit better. CHEN makes some good tires so I may switch to those eventually.

Chris
Unread
  (#9)
( * )|( * )

October 11, 2007, 08:39 AM

BTW...for those looking for a good cheap bike here's what I'm buying:

http://mxpitbikes.com/214xr.html

Chris
Unread
  (#10)
DFL

October 11, 2007, 08:44 AM

Hell yeah! When I heal up, I'll be out there

"They should have sent a poet"
Unread
  (#11)
#swag

October 11, 2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
BTW...for those looking for a good cheap bike here's what I'm buying:

http://mxpitbikes.com/214xr.html
Good deal.. Free shipping too!

I have a honda crf50 with 88 kit and some other little things.. Top speed about 43mph..

Unread
  (#12)
( * )|( * )

October 11, 2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFORC1
Good deal.. Free shipping too!

I have a honda crf50 with 88 kit and some other little things.. Top speed about 43mph..
I ran a stock 50...I was able to hold my own in the turns but on the straights...the would blow me away

I still had fun...can't wait to get out there on a 125

Chris
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )

November 15, 2007, 01:43 PM

For anyone interested in checking out the event the next one is on Sunday 11/25. I'l be riding my Sikk 110cc...first time out so I'll be learning the bike for the first several sessions.

I'll post up if any openings are available but as of right now "C" is full (beginner...if you can even call it that) and A and B have a few slots open.

I wouldn't recommend A or B unless you have a lot of prior indoor flat-track experience...those guys are insanely fast and most are either AMA/WERA/CCS expert level racers. So I'll post up if any "C" slots are available.

However, if you want to check out the event it's at All-Sports from 7am until 11am and of course spectating is free...and very entertaining.

Chris
Unread
  (#14)
Signed up for Track Days!

November 15, 2007, 01:56 PM

So excited!!! just got my invite, and putting the bbr big bore kit in the 100 next week and can't wait. C'ya there

I think I'm finally the pussy people always told me I was.
Unread
  (#15)
( * )|( * )

November 15, 2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1000md
So excited!!! just got my invite, and putting the bbr big bore kit in the 100 next week and can't wait. C'ya there
I'm not sure if we've met but I'll be on a Sikk 110cc in black leathers. BTW...what group are you running?

Chris