DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 567
1 members and 566 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
tires
Unread
  (#1)
Bug
Got my Permit

tires - August 16, 2007, 10:46 AM

I am looking for 150/60 or 160/60 x 17 take-offs. Anyone have a source? If that fails, where to buy new tires without taking a beating in the D.C. area?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 16, 2007, 10:49 AM

I have a conti sm tire 160 but not much left on it. I get my SM tires from http://www.americanmototire.com/. Best price. I mount them at RnR cycles in Sterling.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#3)
Ballaugh Bridge

August 16, 2007, 10:50 AM

I have Pirelli Supercorsa Pros, 120s and 160s.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#4)
Bug
Got my Permit

August 16, 2007, 11:05 AM

SVBadguy,

How much?
Unread
  (#5)
Republicans for Voldemort

August 21, 2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
I have Pirelli Supercorsa Pros, 120s and 160s.
hello... how much... I am also looks for takeoffs for when the ktm see's the track.. I am running SC's on it now (takeoff's)..

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

August 22, 2007, 08:40 AM

What kinds of tires have you guys tried?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)

August 22, 2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist
What kinds of tires have you guys tried?
Welcome to the messed up world of Motard Tires... There are tons of opinions... Allot of folks will tell you don't need z rated tires - and that lesser tires are ok... I still dunno about this...... I might be willing to try Pirelli Scorpions which I believe aren't Z rated - they work great on my KTM Adv990 and a buddy does well with em on his 950
see here

That said.. I have used the OEM Dunlops 208s on my drz tard and loved em ... stuck like glue... but the rear 140/70 is $$ or unobtainium.... I used Bridgestone 220 sports touring tires in my drz with limited sucess - great wear - but the tard didn't weight enough and you don't accelerate like a sportsbike (fast enough) to warm em up as you should.. they would stick decently for spirited rides around town - but I only felt well planted at places like deals gap with em... It's why I probably won't use NON sportsbike or non SM tire on any tard again (I just don't know about the scorps for a lighter bike)..

My KTM as of right now has only used SC takeoffs... They stick like glue and are fantastic on both the street and track... I love em... It takes 160/60 or 160/50 I forget which size off the top of my head... It's the same rear as a sv650 - so lots of stuff is available... I just got a smokin deal for Dunlop Qualifiers - the 208 replacement - so I will try them on the KTM - but am still looking for some takeoffs for the street.. I will have an update on the dunlops soon...

I haven't tried it - but lots of SM folks rave about the Conti SM tire... I have no experience with em... I was going to try the Avon Distanzia's, but a friend on a xr650l motard (a really good rider) went down on em .. He said they felt good - then whamo he ent down... Said they were deceptive... I don't know about anyone else....

good luck

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#8)
Typical Stripper

August 22, 2007, 01:05 PM

I am going to try either the Conti SM tires or just go with what I know and throw a set of Powers on there

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
Unread
  (#9)

August 22, 2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I am going to try either the Conti SM tires or just go with what I know and throw a set of Powers on there
let me know how they work.... I am curious...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Unread
  (#10)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 22, 2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I have a set of these on the Duke and love them!!!! Will be using them again!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#11)
( * )|( * )

August 22, 2007, 01:32 PM

There's a race up at Summit Point this weekend, I bet you could walk the pits and end up with a lot of good tires!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#12)
Only 1 way to ride

August 22, 2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
I have a conti sm tire 160 but not much left on it. I get my SM tires from http://www.americanmototire.com/. Best price. I mount them at RnR cycles in Sterling.
+1 dodge. I bought my corsa III's from them for $150. Unfortunately I had to pay a local dealership here $70 to mount them.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )

August 22, 2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
Welcome to the messed up world of Motard Tires... There are tons of opinions... Allot of folks will tell you don't need z rated tires - and that lesser tires are ok... I still dunno about this...... I might be willing to try Pirelli Scorpions which I believe aren't Z rated - they work great on my KTM Adv990 and a buddy does well with em on his 950
see here
I have a set of Scorpion Syncs and they work very well. They are incredible in the rain and work well in the dirt as well. Pavement, so far I have yet to have them slip on me and I've dragged pegs on countless occasions. They slide well so backing it in isn't an issue either.

Only complaint I've heard is that they are a bit too soft for dirt riding. I beat up on a them a little bit this past weekend and they seemed to take the punishment just fine.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#14)
Typical Stripper

August 22, 2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
There's a race up at Summit Point this weekend, I bet you could walk the pits and end up with a lot of good tires!
Hmmmm.... ride for a couple hours towards Slummit....

Unread
  (#15)

August 22, 2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm.... ride for a couple hours towards Slummit....
how you gonna get the takeoffs home..... bungy em to the back......

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider