DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 548
2 members and 546 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Tires and whatnot
Unread
  (#1)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

Tires and whatnot - August 15, 2010, 02:51 PM

Anyone have any experience with Kendal k761's? They seem so cheap so as long as they have some decent grip I wouldn't worry about replacing them quickly. I ride a bit of trails down at school so I'm looking for something with some moderate offroad grip as well as lots of contact for roads. I've seen shinko's with similar tread patterns and price so I'm looking at those as well. I'm hoping to get my 17 inch wheels next summer so I only need a season out of these at whichpoint my stock wheels will be used for more dirt oriented tires

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.

Last edited by hokierider; August 15, 2010 at 03:44 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#2)
Derpentine Dealer

August 15, 2010, 04:00 PM

The conti trail attacks aren't bad. Those are the only DOT 18/21 tires I have experience with.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

August 15, 2010, 04:44 PM

Hmm I'll look into those, they seem like they'd do really well on street and gravel but probably not wet mud or snow. Still though, enough of my riding is on the road that they could work for me. Dual sporting tires have gotten me used to the idea of compromise though haha

Unread
  (#4)
Playing in the dirt

August 16, 2010, 10:32 PM

My 525 had them when on when I bought it. They seemed nice for the street (compared to a knobby) however I cant really say that much since I swapped them out for a non dot knobby setup in under 20mi and havent gone back.

KTMs and Yamahas
Unread
  (#5)
Derpentine Dealer

August 17, 2010, 07:58 AM

You could maybe look at the Avon Distanzia DS as well. The Conti Trail Attacks are great on the street and probably not so good in mud and snow. Street and snow are opposite extremes so there really isn't anything out there that does both well. I guess rain tires would, but you'll burn them up on the street right away in warm weather.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#6)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

August 17, 2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
You could maybe look at the Avon Distanzia DS as well. The Conti Trail Attacks are great on the street and probably not so good in mud and snow. Street and snow are opposite extremes so there really isn't anything out there that does both well. I guess rain tires would, but you'll burn them up on the street right away in warm weather.
Yea I saw those while looking at stuff on motostrano, I'll probably end up just flipping a coin and picking a set or mix them up, I'm even checking out the death wings since they seem to do pretty well on the street even if poorly offroad.

Ideally once I have two sets of wheels I can swap 17's with 90% street 10% dirt and an 18/21 setup with 20% street 80% dirt orientations for whatever I feel like riding at the time. I'll be sure to post up reviews of whatever I get in case anyone's ever in the market for cheaper tires

Unread
  (#7)
Traction Control

August 17, 2010, 02:32 PM

I have my eye on distanzia's at the moment. I have absolutely no idea which way to go on tires for this bike(WR250). I want to hit SOME gravel and offroad stuff. my bike is still primarily street. I plan on hitting a sumo day or two. and I still want to ride to work in the winter when light snow is in the forecast.

mind fuck.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#8)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

August 17, 2010, 09:03 PM

Do you have the X? From what I've read the 17 inch front Distanzia only comes in a very soft rubber compound that its wicked on the track but wears too fast for commuting. The 21 inch is a bit harder and last a lot longer.The reviews of the tire in general on ADVrider scare me somewhat, but I wouldn't throw out the idea on one forums opinion alone

Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

August 17, 2010, 10:01 PM

FWIW, I've tried several tires on my "s" in the 12,000 miles I've put on it.

Anything less than a full knobbie is about the same off-road. With that in mind I've opted to stick with more street oriented rubber.

BT45s, Distanzias, Pirelli MT60s, etc. For mosty road use the BT45s were pretty sweet.
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

August 17, 2010, 10:01 PM

duplicate post...

Last edited by windblown; August 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM..
Unread
  (#11)
Traction Control

August 18, 2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokierider View Post
Do you have the X? From what I've read the 17 inch front Distanzia only comes in a very soft rubber compound that its wicked on the track but wears too fast for commuting. The 21 inch is a bit harder and last a lot longer.The reviews of the tire in general on ADVrider scare me somewhat, but I wouldn't throw out the idea on one forums opinion alone
That's some good info right there

Yea I'm on an X.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#12)
Playing in the dirt

August 18, 2010, 08:04 AM

The IRC GP-110 looks interesting for a 90/10 tire