DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 549
0 members and 549 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
VXCS - Wicomico - 10/25-26
Unread
  (#1)
100% Kawasaki Biased

VXCS - Wicomico - 10/25-26 - October 14, 2014, 01:10 PM

The VXCS is holding a race at Wicomico on 10/25-26. No AMA membership or transponder required. I think I am going to try and make it since it is about as local as races get around here and there is not a competing VCHSS race that weekend.

Our Next Event
WHEN: October 25-26
WHERE: Wicomico Motorsports Park
Address: 111300 Kingston Place Charlotte Hall, MD.

Saturday Schedule:

Practice: 1:30pm-2:15pm Youth classes

2:15pm-3:00pm Adult Quads

3:00pm-3:45pm Adult Bikes

Saturday Race Times:

4:00pm 50cc bikes, Jr. ATV, Youth ATV, Jr. Women

4:00pm 65cc-105cc bikes

5:30pm UTV's

Sunday Race Schedule:

10:00am Adult Bikes

1:00pm Adult Quads

COSTS: -Gate fee: $10, under 6 free, Camping: $10 per vehicle

FEES - Fees Associated with the VXCS - Cost
No VXCS membership required in 2014.
No AMA membership required in 2014.
Gate fee at all events $10 per person
Kids Under 6 free
Adult entry fee(except Pro classes) $45
Pro Class $65
Youth Class $20
Mini Classes $30

News and Info - VXCS.org

VXCS.org - Home

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house.

'07 ZX-10R - 156 RWHP/182 MPH
'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Jpc...eature=related
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...bud_408656.htmfeature=related

The difference between men and boys is that boys make excuses and men make changes.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

October 14, 2014, 03:11 PM

You should come up to Frostburg md and ride some incredibly sick single-track that is only open twice a year. The dirt is a gift from the gods, lots of elevation changes some technical climbs, true 6" wide single-track. It's awesome.
Unread
  (#3)
100% Kawasaki Biased

October 27, 2014, 08:11 AM

Race Recap:
The weather was great for the race and it was nice to have a "short" drive to get there, lol.

There appeared to be about an equal showing between the bikes and the quads. The bikes used some virgin trails that were fun and challenging, but not marked very well in some sections and there was no previously beaten path to follow (more on that later).

There was more variety there than I remembered from the last hangover race. The trails were pretty beat up in a lot of sections (lots of ruts and exposed roots), which made it challenging, but it was also hard on my back and legs after 6 laps. There was one new creek crossing (without a bridge) that I got stuck in on my last lap. I chose my line and was ripping along when I came to a sudden stop and went flying forward over the bars. Turns out there was a horizontal log about 2 inches under the top of the mud at the back of the creek. The ruts were deep enough that the bike did not even fall over, it just stood there laughing at me. Sound familiar, Keener? Fortunately, another guy that also races in the VCHSS series was there to help me get the front wheel over the log and on my way.

I ended up leading a number of laps in the four stroke C class (it was really cool seeing LEADER!!! on the timing screen for once!), but I got passed on the last lap and ended up finishing second (according to timing anyway - I got tired of waiting for the results after an hour or so and I went home). I'd be more proud of the second place finish, but there were only 4 people in my class and due to the poor trail marking I think I cut a section out my first two laps. I talked with a few other riders and they all said they followed the same, seemingly obvious but apparently incorrect, route I did. Additional tape and markers were up on my third lap.

Winners get a plastic "medal" in C class as trophies, but A class riders get cash. Most long term riders would probably prefer the cash, but the dinky medals leave a bit to be desired (though I think they fit into a single plaque you get if you run the whole series). Since the AA guys race with the C guys, there really are not any marshals out on the trail with you, which is a nice touch with the VCHSS races. I think the additional marshals also promote a lot more youth participation and they will even help out single track noobs like me when you take a dirt nap in the woods =). On the flip side, I got to try and keep up with the AA guys when they passed me. That was fun for about 30 seconds =).

I also spoke with the owner and he said that there will be a hangover hare scramble again this January, so stay tuned if you are interested in that.

'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)

The difference between men and boys is that boys make excuses and men make changes.

Last edited by Thomas; October 27, 2014 at 08:16 AM..
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

October 27, 2014, 03:42 PM

So all I heard was " I short cut the course!". Haha funny. Good job!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
100% Kawasaki Biased

October 27, 2014, 04:00 PM

lol, it was harry. There were 4 or 5 of us zig zagging back and forth and up and down to find the trail, tape, or any arrows, while you could see the beaten trail right in front of you with guys riding by. Except for the folks riding by, I would not have even known which way to go on the trail at that point (freaking scary thinking you could go the wrong way in a race... would not end well).

'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)