DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 553
5 members and 548 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Well would you?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Well would you? - January 29, 2015, 03:34 PM

If you had the chance to have a place to ride (within 2 hours driving time) that you had input on what was built would you come out and ride? Would you come out and help maintain said trails? And by input I mean if you see a line or feature you want built and there is room available for it you can grab a shovel,rake, chainsaw and start building it. Just curious to see if anyone would truly be interested in something like that, and who would put the time in to not only ride the trails/features/track but to also put the effort in to help maintain and build.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

January 29, 2015, 03:38 PM

Let me add that it would not be a huge spot, but I can guarantee the trails will be VERY challenging and keep you on your toes. Land size would be approx 83 acres which is more than enough for a shitload of gnarly trail and "freeride" features. (Think wallrides, ladder bridges, 8+ ft drops off said ladder bridges etc.
Unread
  (#3)
i suck at the introweb

January 29, 2015, 05:57 PM

hell ya. use to do it when I road with SMDR for a few of our spots. work the first half of day and ride the second.

unfortunately I no longer ride in the dirt. I do miss it very much.

Never be afraid that your life will end, only be afraid that it will never begin!

You Learn when your young, and understand when your older!
Unread
  (#4)
Street Bonk Bum.....

January 30, 2015, 05:03 AM

good luck with that....people will tell you they will help build and contribute etc all the time and you will be lucky if you get a hrs worth of work out of people then they wanna ride the rest of the day...if you schedule "work only days" watch how many people all of a sudden are busy on those days and cant make it out....you will also be the one buying all the equipment to do all the work as well....people are lazy....you may as well get used to doing 80%+ work yourself...you would be amazed how many people "can get a bobcat for a day" yet you will never see one....

CCS AM # 204

Last edited by JWZelibor; January 30, 2015 at 08:33 AM..
Well would you?
Unread
  (#5)
250 cc's of awesomeness

Well would you? - January 30, 2015, 08:26 AM

I'd be down. I have access to a medium size Kubota with a loader and more chainsaws than I can count. That's pretty much what I do every day anyway.
Unread
  (#6)
easyrider

January 30, 2015, 09:57 AM

I'd be interested. In the process of re-doing the top end on my YZ now. I'd rather put some time in working and ride for free than going other places and paying. Any open fields or is this all wooded property?
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

January 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZelibor View Post
good luck with that....people will tell you they will help build and contribute etc all the time and you will be lucky if you get a hrs worth of work out of people then they wanna ride the rest of the day...if you schedule "work only days" watch how many people all of a sudden are busy on those days and cant make it out....you will also be the one buying all the equipment to do all the work as well....people are lazy....you may as well get used to doing 80%+ work yourself...you would be amazed how many people "can get a bobcat for a day" yet you will never see one....
Yeah I know all about that, that is why I have a mathematical formula for the results. Number of people saying yes divided by 80%= number of people who will actually come out. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
I'd be down. I have access to a medium size Kubota with a loader and more chainsaws than I can count. That's pretty much what I do every day anyway.
Nice wont be until Early summer most likely. Going to rent a skidsteer for a week to build the (small mx course) and a legit endurocross course. May not pull the trigger on the 83 acres (going to look at it tomorrow as most of it seems to be on a pretty significant grade) and may pull the trigger on either 52 acres or 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bronco View Post
I'd be interested. In the process of re-doing the top end on my YZ now. I'd rather put some time in working and ride for free than going other places and paying. Any open fields or is this all wooded property?
No hurry as like I said above it wont be for a few months at least. If I get the 83 acres no it has no fields but all woods, however the 52 and 31 im looking at both have some field, the 31 has about 10 acres of perfectly level ex farm field.

All properties (its going to be our new home as well not just property) will have a shop area with lift and tools to use as well as bathroom and shower areas to use. A handful of people I trust will be allowed to ride without me being there. NO WAIVERS WILL BE REQUIRED, because the only people who will be allowed to ride at my place are ones ive ridden with before whom I know have fucked themselves up at other places and not tried to sue. So once this is all done and if you want to ride but I dont know you we will have to ride a number of times at somewhere like Taskers Gap, The Cove etc. beforehand.
Well would you?
Unread
  (#8)
250 cc's of awesomeness

Well would you? - January 30, 2015, 10:23 AM

Lets build a MX track
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

January 30, 2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRider View Post
Lets build a MX track
thats part of my plan, but it is going to be fairly small, what I want to build is a mini straight rythm style track minus the gigantic jumps. I am thinking biggest jump will be about 60-75ft, have two straights with super tight 180 degree turns. with a whoop section out of each one.
Unread
  (#10)
ELBOWZ

January 30, 2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
thats part of my plan, but it is going to be fairly small, what I want to build is a mini straight rythm style track minus the gigantic jumps. I am thinking biggest jump will be about 60-75ft, have two straights with super tight 180 degree turns. with a whoop section out of each one.

This sounds badass!! I'd be in to help out and churn up some dirt!!

CCS #720 Expert
Michelin Tires www.sportbiketireservice.com
EvolveGT www.evolvegt.com
MRP Motorsports www.mrpmotorsports.com
MOTO-D Racing Tire Warmers www.motodracing.com
EVIL Powder Coating www.evilpowdercoating.com
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
Trackside Parts Club www.tracksidepartsclub.com
James
Unread
  (#11)
GP Champ

January 30, 2015, 11:03 AM

This is the property on the 31 acres. The mx/rythm and endurocross will be on the field in the bottom left of the picture. It is approximately 5-8 acres of field. Need to save 2 acres for my wife to use as a garden. The rest of it and all of the woods are mine. There will be some silly shit being built in the woods.

Last edited by drt_Jumper; January 30, 2015 at 11:17 AM..
Unread
  (#12)
Street Bonk Bum.....

January 30, 2015, 12:03 PM

you should still do a waivers....you never know who's family member's family member may come after you if someone riding there gets extremely hurt/killed...

CCS AM # 204
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

January 30, 2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZelibor View Post
you should still do a waivers....you never know who's family member's family member may come after you if someone riding there gets extremely hurt/killed...
Waivers are just about worthless though with a halfway competent lawyer. I would rather just deny deny deny that they had a right to ride on my property and go from there. But we will see.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

January 30, 2015, 03:19 PM

I thought, dependent on where you're at, that waivers were actually the opposite of protective. Maybe it's just that they're usually combined with charging a user fee which definitely moves you from plain vanilla homeowner to business person along with the added liability.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

January 30, 2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkRoy View Post
I thought, dependent on where you're at, that waivers were actually the opposite of protective. Maybe it's just that they're usually combined with charging a user fee which definitely moves you from plain vanilla homeowner to business person along with the added liability.
That is my understanding as well Kirk.