DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 561
5 members and 556 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
What a great race weekend! 6/26/2016
Unread
  (#1)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

What a great race weekend! 6/26/2016 - June 28, 2016, 08:25 PM

Kinda long winded but this is my race report from this past weekend.

What a great weekend for riding motorcycles. Great weather, great friends and great places to ride. It all started on Friday with doing a road race track day at Summit Point with MARRC. Mid-Atlantic Road Race Club. I have belonged with them for about 20 years and have been helping out with the track day for a few years now. It is fun coaching new riders on the track. It was a long day logging 166 miles on the track. After loading up and driving back home and unloaded the road race stuff and loading up the off-road stuff and bike I was ready for a weekend of woods riding.

At this venue we were allowed to do practice on Saturday, which is very rare. I really like this area because of the elevation changes the course has about everything. Practice was good sorting out the KTMís front end. I switched tires and made some suspension changes and the bike felt much better and planted. This course has the most rock sections in our series and I am fine with that because I started riding rocks before riding in the dirt. I got in 3 laps which was 18 miles of a very challenging course. Only thing missing was jumps. I felt real good about the race and then bikeís handling was much better.
Race day was looking good since I had already registered the day before so I had time to relax and hangout with my fellow racers. My wife came down for the race with me and was helping keeping me relaxed and hydrated. It was getting quite warm and I am glad I bought a light weight chest/ back protector. I went up to the starting line and scoped out a good starting spot.

My start was horrible. When the flag dropped I started the bike and hit the gas and the bike bogged down like I was in 3rd gear. I think I was. I went into the woods in about 5th or 6th but made a couple passes early on in the tight sections and got into 2nd about halfway into the first lap right on 1st places rear. And he knew I was there. He kept looking behind him and was making some mistakes. I knew I could pass him but just couldnít get a clean pass made. I decided to hang back a few feet so I donít get caught in a wreck and wait for a good passing line. I came across in 2nd the first lap and stayed right on him. Then I got my break. He made an error and I made my pass and picked up my pace. I knew the course and worked on being steady with zero mistakes. I was doing good catching people in front and making quick passes.
I came across the line in 1st place on the 2nd lap and took a quick look behind and saw no one. I knew I could keep my pace and push a little harder. I really loved the flat wide open sections this race had. I was hitting 6th gear wide open and even lofting the front end over the hills. Very fun going fast on a dirt bike. I kept pushing and made sure to not get stuck behind someone. I was catching some riders who were having a hard time in the rocks which meant it was hard to keep my momentum up. I had a few mistakes getting stuck in a couple deep ruts but got going quickly. I came across in 1st place for the 3rd lap and knew I could have 2 more laps to go.

So I relaxed and kept working on being smooth and getting around problem areas instead of getting stuck in them. I came out in the flat open areas quickly and pinned it as hard as I could. By this lap I was taking road race lines in the flat sections to keep my speeds up. I also took a look behind and again saw no one from my class. But I kept going like some one was right on me. I pushed hard and enjoyed the lap a little too much. I got some serious speed going through a up hill section and almost high sided going up the hill. I went full lock and got completely sideways. I thought to my self this is how my race ends, high siding right into a tree. But I just kept it pinned and the bike whipped right back in line and kept it upright. Man that was close. I caught my breath and told my self to relax and be smooth. No more mistakes will win this race! And that is what happened. I had a great last lap and brought home my 1st win! What a feeling it was to come across the line and see that 1st place signal. What a rush. So I pulled aside to wait for 2nd place and see how close behind they where. It seemed like forever but it was only a 1 minute and 23 seconds. That was a good gap.

Man did it feel great to get that win. It has taking me almost 3 years to get this. Lots of hard work, long days and nights and quite a bit of money. What made it really worth it was having my wife there to watch me race and get my 1st win. It was a great weekend with great friends and great places to ride. We have a month long break so a great way to end the fist half of the season. Huge thanks to Amsoil, Matt Carter, RNR Cycles and my wife for helping me get my 1st win.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 28, 2016, 08:39 PM

I got 42 out of 190 overall. I had the pace to get top 30 but the dam winner was fast and got by me with a 1/2 mile left on the 4th lap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hillbilly trophy.jpg (89.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Hillbilly win bike.jpg (100.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Hilbilly results.jpg (162.1 KB, 7 views)

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

June 28, 2016, 09:21 PM

Well done buddy.

Am sad my bike broke and couldn't make it

-Joe

17 Beta 250RR/RE
09 Husky WR177
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gots_a_sol  
Unread
  (#4)
Groping is a skill...

June 28, 2016, 11:08 PM

That's awesome man. On a bum knee too. Now go sleep with your wife!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
ELBOWZ

June 29, 2016, 07:44 AM

CCS #720 Expert
Michelin Tires www.sportbiketireservice.com
EvolveGT www.evolvegt.com
MRP Motorsports www.mrpmotorsports.com
MOTO-D Racing Tire Warmers www.motodracing.com
EVIL Powder Coating www.evilpowdercoating.com
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
Trackside Parts Club www.tracksidepartsclub.com
James
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 29, 2016, 07:48 AM

Dude, congrats! Very nice!
Unread
  (#7)
I'm a llama again!

June 29, 2016, 08:34 AM

Great job Mike!!

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#8)
Fast Lane Racing

June 29, 2016, 10:00 AM

Sounds like an awesome weekend bro. Good job on keeping your mind right and securing the win!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to