DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
0 members and 554 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
What I've been up to lately
Unread
  (#1)
The last urrbendah

What I've been up to lately - September 8, 2013, 04:19 PM

Took a little break for awhile, can't stand some of the shit going on in other forums here so I'll probably stick to the offroad one.

Anyway, it's been a busy "off season" for me so far this year. Started with the Evolution GP race up in Ocala back in July. Basically a 2 race, 30 minute moto MX style format run on a hybrid track (MX, woods, endurocross).

It was nasty, and when I say that, I mean it was some of the nasty stuff I've run because of the rain. The first section and the MX track was basically soup. To make matters worse, the MX track they were using was the "Sand track" meaning it's intentionally looser than the other tracks and develops deep ruts. I made the call to skip the enduro cross section because it was super muddy and there was no way to get a proper run at the obstacles.

Despite a shit start (my own fault for turning my idle down) I still doubled up and took the overall win for the day. Really cool to get that win in front my son who was down for the summer. You can even hear him cheering when I come through after the sand track.

Just skip through the first 3 minutes or so if you don't want to watch me struggle.

Next up was the Tennessee Knockout Enduro. Which really isn't an enduro at all. It's a series of races that lead up to a really, REALLY hardcore race on Sunday afternoon. The pros get to show up on Sunday and run the Hot Lap, then they have to get through the two knockout races to get into the 10 lap main event on the 3/4 mile course.

Am's on the other hand have to be in the top 60 of the first race on Saturday, then the top 30 of the second race that afternoon. The first one is 2 laps on the 10 mile course that is made of the nastiest shit you can think of. Imagine the roughest thing you've seen in the Smokey Mountains then picture riding a bike up it. Make it through that and you've earned another lap of the course that afternoon plus two skill areas.

I pitched myself off around mile 6 and wrapped my back around a tree, aggravating an injury I'd suffered two weeks earlier while training for the damn thing. None of my own video on this one because my goggles went on the back of my helmet about 2 miles in.

However I do have a video of one of my teammates from his hot lap on Sunday. At 50, he was the oldest guy to qualify for the pro dance.

Finally, there was the Little Brown Jug Enduro in Greenville, SC. Advertised as 65+ miles in the woods alone, not including the public roads that connected it. One friend's odometer said 92 miles at the end of the day.

I hadn't planned to do this Enduro, was supposed to be racing today in fact. However we received word last Saturday that the first race is cancelled because most of the property is underwater. A couple of my teammates were already up there and offered up their hotel room, so another friend and I made the call to strike out for SC from Tampa at 7pm on Saturday afternoon.

We arrived at 4:30a and crashed until 7am then headed to the waffle house to get the breakfast of champions. I can say that I was completely unprepared for this thing other than being in good shape. The terrain was no issue; rocks, roots, and slick stuff are things I love; but that race distance was something else.

When I came out of the woods just before the last leg, I ran into two of my teammates riding with the g/f of one of our A riders. I pulled my helmet and told them I was done but they had other ideas. Soon I had two water bottles dumped on me and a full camel back along with a cold gatorade.

After being told that there were only 5 miles left in the woods and that I should harden the fuck up., I set out for the last push. My hands and forearms were cramping so bad that I couldn't let go of the bars. This was great later because I've never had better sex with myself, but at that moment it was fucking dangerous. I basically put the bike in 3rd and just tried to aim it between the trees, alternating between sitting and standing because my thighs were cramping so badly.

End result was 8th out of 17 or so in class and the satisfaction of not timing out during my first enduro. Videos are from the first two sections. It's poorly edited with no time spent doing anything other than piecing things together. You get to see me own a ditch then get owned by mud and doing some man cuddling. Also a view off the back of my helmet when I turned my goggles around.

Finally, I took a ride on a friend's 300 and holy shit do I get it now. This will be my next bike for sure.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

I might have a dirt bike problem.

Last edited by Stillie; September 8, 2013 at 04:34 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

September 8, 2013, 04:26 PM

Ugh...I hate you! I can't wait to heal up and start riding again.
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

September 8, 2013, 05:17 PM

Looking good Stillie

Yamaha FZ8
Husqvarna TE310R ---
Unread
  (#4)
The last urrbendah

September 8, 2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaus View Post
Looking good Stillie
Thanks dude. I'll be up your way at the end of the month for a race at Highland Park.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#5)
otb
AMA Superbike Champ

September 8, 2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_Jumper View Post
Ugh...I hate you! I can't wait to heal up and start riding again so I can crash uphill, screw up multiple parts of my body, bend up my bike and start the healing process all over again.

There, fixed it for you.

Riding fast bikes slowly since 1969....
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

September 8, 2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otb View Post
There, fixed it for you.
No way, I'm tired of damaging my bike!
Unread
  (#7)
Meh

September 8, 2013, 10:42 PM

Looking good.
Unread
  (#8)
I'm a llama again!

September 9, 2013, 06:34 AM

Kick ass Stillie!! One day I will get I will be able to take the training wheels off my bike.

Yeah I am old enough to know better. Thing is, I just don't care.
Unread
  (#9)
100% Kawasaki Biased

September 9, 2013, 08:28 AM

Glad to see you racing as much as you are. I had a talk with the wife and got approval to start racing more. Your cramp quote had me in stitches, lol.

You can live in your car, but you can't race your house.

'07 ZX-10R - 156 RWHP/182 MPH
'09 KX450F - VCHSS 29F
'85 ZL-900 Eliminator
'01 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'06 636 (Sold)
'99 ZX-6R (Sold)
'94 Ninja 250 (Sold)
'99 YZ-250 (Sold)
'73 CL 450 (Sold)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Jpc...eature=related
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...bud_408656.htmfeature=related

The difference between men and boys is that boys make excuses and men make changes.
Unread
  (#10)
The last urrbendah

September 9, 2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Glad to see you racing as much as you are. I had a talk with the wife and got approval to start racing more. Your cramp quote had me in stitches, lol.
And accurate.

I'm very fortunate to get to race this much. Marie has only put her foot down about one thing (roadracing) so I get free reign to do as much dirt as I want. Trading off kid responsibilities with her when she's doing her photog thing.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#11)
Owner of the Site Owner

September 9, 2013, 10:18 AM

great job stillie. i always dream about waht you really are up to. now i know

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#12)
The last urrbendah

September 9, 2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliodotnet View Post
great job stillie. i always dream about waht you really are up to. now i know
fggt. Your spawn is growing like a weed too. Nice work on that one, too good looking to be your kid though.

13 KTM 200 XC-W
15 KTM 350 XC-F

Unread
  (#13)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

September 9, 2013, 11:31 AM

Just when I thought we had lost another one to Oz...

-Ryan
Unread
  (#14)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 9, 2013, 11:41 AM

good job on the races! Glad to see you are doing a lot of dirt riding.

Yea once you ride a 300 you want one. I love mine. All the power I need and light weight.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!