DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 537
3 members and 534 guests
2blueyam, boomboom929, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Supermotoz/Offroad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Yamaha SuperMoto
Unread
  (#1)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

Yamaha SuperMoto - September 10, 2007, 11:28 AM

2008 WR250X

MSRP*$5,999 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from January 2008

Engine Type250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke;4 valves
Bore x Stroke77.0 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio11.8:1
CarburetionFuel injection
IgnitionDirect ignition coil
TransmissionConstant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final DriveChain Chassis
Suspension/FrontInverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.6-in travel
Suspension/RearSingle shock; fully adjustable, 10.4-in travel
Brakes/FrontHydraulic single-disc brake, 298mm
Brakes/RearHydraulic single-disc brake, 230mm
Tires/Front110/70-17 Tires/Rear140/70-17
Dimensions Length83.1 in Width31.9 in
Height46.9 in

Seat Height35.2 in

Wheelbase56.1 in
Ground Clearance10.2 in
Fuel Capacity2.0 gal
Dry Weight280 lb (CA 282 lb)

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!

Last edited by dodge131; September 10, 2007 at 11:33 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Owner of the Site Owner

September 10, 2007, 11:29 AM

try again with the image

-

I tow 747s

"gixrB: I like it hard, with a lot of feel"
Unread
  (#3)
opossum puncher

September 10, 2007, 12:01 PM

Wait, what? 250?

WTF yamaha, where is the 450?

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 10, 2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool
Wait, what? 250?

WTF yamaha, where is the 450?
Yea I know! There is no way that this bike will sell out! It looks like Yamaha threw in their pinky toe in to the motard thing! Seat hieght is also 35!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

September 10, 2007, 12:40 PM

250? I mean c'mon...

Thanks for the info though!

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
wow
Unread
  (#6)
"?"

wow - September 10, 2007, 02:16 PM

Hey it's 4 midgets, but on a real not! WTF???
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

September 11, 2007, 11:23 AM

Yamaha WR250X: Fanfare For The Common Man
Yamaha builds a sensible Supermoto bike
by sean bice-o-rama
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 Possibly the most fun you can buy in a Yamaha dealership next year: the WR250X.
image: thanks yamaha
It's no secret that Supermoto is a popular trend in motorcycling these days. The sport has flourished over the past few years, and no company has had more success in this hybrid form of motocross-roadracing than Yamaha. Graves Yamaha rider Mark Burkhart is currently tearing up the dirt (and asphalt) in the US Supermoto series.
So, what better way to commemorate Yamaha's 'moto success than with an over-the counter model that we mortals can buy? And, in typical Yamaha fashion, the tuning-forks bunch has once again zigged while the other manufacturers have zagged.
Behold, the 2008 WR250X-a Supermoto bike for the rest of us. With a more down-to-earth (literally) seat height and a more manageable (250cc) four-stroke engine, the WR250X should appeal to a wide range of riders with all kinds of skill levels.
A direct descendant of Yamaha's YZ and WR off-road machines, the WR250X is a dual-purpose bike with a difference. You see, it's not exactly an enduro, a supermoto, or a sportbike--it's all of the above. The WR250X is for riders who stay mostly to paved surfaces, and occasionally venture off down a fire road or unpaved access trail.
The WR250X marks the first use of fuel injection on a 250cc Yamaha on-/off-road bike, but the firsts don't just stop there. The engine is a fresh-sheet design with liquid cooling, titanium intake valves, a forged piston, and a plated cylinder for outstanding durability. An ECU-controlled EXUP exhaust valve, along with an electronic intake control valve, broadens the powerband. A direct-ignition coil sits right on top of the spark plug--another first for a Yamaha on-/off-road model. There's a six-speed gearbox; special, light-action clutch; and electric start leaves the kickstarter off to keep things lightweight and simple.
Suspension-wise, the WR250X has got the Supermoto goods in spades, with 17-inch wheels running radial street rubber in 110mm front and 140mm rear widths. A fully adjustable 46mm inverted fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel; a linkage-mounted rear shock provides 10.4 inches of travel with adjusters for compression damping, rebound damping, and spring preload; and wave brake rotors handle the braking duties at the front and rear.
A super-duper, Yama-nifty enduro-style instrument panel provides speed, clock, tripmeter, and self-diagnostic functions. In addition, a measurement mode includes a stopwatch, distance-compensating tripmeter, and more.
Look for the all-new WR250X coming to a Yamaha dealer near you by the first of the New Year.

Tony

'12 Ducati Streetfighter 848
'08 Ducati Hypermotard

Bam Bam #47 9.11.09
Jeff Vega 10.06.09
Totnac 4.30.14
forever... Ride on my brothers
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RacerX2050 Send a message via MSN to RacerX2050  
Unread
  (#8)
Eddie would go ...

September 11, 2007, 11:27 AM

pit bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
Unread
  (#9)
( * )|( * )

September 11, 2007, 11:27 AM

I'd still rather have the DRZ400SM...for the same price. Better yet...a DR650

Chris
Unread
  (#10)
Republicans for Voldemort

September 11, 2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
I'd still rather have the DRZ400SM...for the same price. Better yet...a DR650
Eh.. I would rather have the drz over the 650 (i'm telling you the carb makes a difference) but where the hell is the yammy 450.. the 250 is cool if you are running in club races for just the 250s.... A wr450 would kill the drz if they would only sell it...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#11)
Typical Stripper

September 12, 2007, 07:14 AM

I commend them for finally seeing that people keep converting the Yammies, but that is a poopy attempt.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#12)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 12, 2007, 08:07 AM

WTF. They bring a motard out and everyone bashes them? How about some credit for doing anything at all? I'd like to see what it's like to ride. Hell, it may be fun. I think a 450 would be very nice, but I think the fact that they brought anything to market is pretty damn good. The more options the better. Think of it as an entry level motard for someone that isn't ready, or tall enough (I think it is shorter) for a 450.

If a supercross 250 can jump triples, maybe this thing (detuned as it may be) just might be fun as well.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#13)
( * )|( * )

September 12, 2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddy
WTF. They bring a motard out and everyone bashes them? How about some credit for doing anything at all? I'd like to see what it's like to ride. Hell, it may be fun. I think a 450 would be very nice, but I think the fact that they brought anything to market is pretty damn good. The more options the better. Think of it as an entry level motard for someone that isn't ready, or tall enough (I think it is shorter) for a 450.

If a supercross 250 can jump triples, maybe this thing (detuned as it may be) just might be fun as well.
You have a valid point however...on a track a 250 would be fine... in street situations a 250 just wouldn't be as fun.

I love the DRZ....for what it is the power is quite good however, once you start riding the bike pretty hard you really do end up wanting that extra 10 to 20 hp so a 250 in my book would be fun on a tight track but out on the street "some" riders may find it a bit lacking.

Like you said...it's one more supermoto so that's a good thing!

Chris
Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

September 12, 2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviousR6
You have a valid point however...on a track a 250 would be fine... in street situations a 250 just wouldn't be as fun.

I love the DRZ....for what it is the power is quite good however, once you start riding the bike pretty hard you really do end up wanting that extra 10 to 20 hp so a 250 in my book would be fun on a tight track but out on the street "some" riders may find it a bit lacking.

Like you said...it's one more supermoto so that's a good thing!
i agree with the power and DRZ comparo, but then again, the Ninja 250 is a pretty fun bike on the streets.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#15)
Pleased to meet me

September 12, 2007, 08:20 AM

I keep waiting for the rc51 motor in a "motard".