DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
5 members and 559 guests
CCS762ZX6, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, GRN96WS6, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > KTM

LinkBack Thread Tools
1200cc Superduke and Adventure
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

1200cc Superduke and Adventure - January 19, 2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
KTM IS REPORTED to be working on a host of new models for launch in 2012 and 2013, with a range of new engines to power several new Super Duke and Adventure models.
According to Dutch website Nieuwsmotor, which has just visited the firm's Austrian base and interviewed key staff, the new V-twin engines will include 1200cc, 1000cc and small 700cc or 800cc versions.
The firm's current 950 Adventure was expected to be replaced in 2009 or 2010, a fact revealed several years ago when documents about the firm's long-term model plan were leaked. However, the new model has still not been shown. According to the latest information, that's because although it was fully developed, KTM boss Stefan Pierer rejected the bike, sending the firm's designers back to the drawing board.
The new engines will allow the firm to offer 1200cc Adventure and Super Duke models with capacities to match their main rivals, BMW's R1200GS, Ducati's Multistrada 1200 and Triumph's Speed Triple along with smaller, cheaper versions. In particular, the smallest of the firm's planned V-twins, at around 800cc. will allow it to make models to rival Triumph's new Tiger 800 and BMW's F800GS.
Beyond the firm's revamped V-twin range, the single-cylinder Duke is also said to be in the firing line for changes when the 2012 model range is unveiled, with more rounded bodywork designed to give it a wider appeal than the current sharp-edged style.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Eddie would go ...

January 19, 2011, 09:53 AM

pfft, you can't trust the Dutch and their condescending asses.....

a more rounded Duke? not sure if that is a good thing. bikes like the Duke and RC8 owe a substantial part of their uniqueness to their look

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.

Last edited by Dutch; January 19, 2011 at 09:57 AM..
Unread
  (#3)

January 19, 2011, 09:54 AM

yeah, i dont know if id like a 1200 SD. I could see the adventure since thats a beast, but the SD needs to be nimble but more hooligan than the duke.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Unread
  (#4)

January 21, 2011, 08:26 PM

Faster and Faster: KTM Super Duke 1200, Adventure 700 coming in 2012

Quote:
The guys from Nieuwsmotor.nl recently visited KTM’s headquarters in Mattighofen, Austria, where they met with Robert Prielinger, who heads R&D for KTM’s streetbikes. And it was, apparently, quite a useful meeting since Nieuwsmotor seem to have come away with a fair bit of information regarding KTM’s 2012 bikes.

According to Prielinger, KTM will launch all-new versions of the Super Duke and Adventure bikes in 2012, which will be fitted with brand-new twin-cylinder engines. The 2012/2013 KTM Super Duke is likely to be a very high-tech machine, with a 1200cc V-twin and advanced electronics, including sports-ABS, traction control and ride-by-wire technologies. The off-road-oriented 2012 Adventure would be available with at least two engine sizes – 1200cc/1000cc and 700cc/800cc.

Next year, the KTM Duke 690 may be replaced with the Duke 700, fitted with a revised single-cylinder engine and revamped styling. There might also be a more expensive ‘R’ version of the Duke 700, with higher-spec components.

KTM, more than a third of which is now owned by Indian motorcycle manufacturer, Bajaj, will also continue to develop smaller streetbikes – with 125cc, 200cc and 350cc engine capacities – for India and other Asian markets. Some of these bikes could also be launched in Europe in 2012.

With Bajaj gradually increasing its stake in KTM, the two companies have started working in close coordination in the area of technology development. In fact, the 2011 RC8R even uses dual spark plugs in each of its cylinder heads, which is a development of Bajaj’s ‘Digital Twin Spark Ignition’ (DTS-i) technology. The two companies will continue to develop small capacity single- and twin-cylinder motorcycle engines for Asian markets, while Bajaj is also expected to introduce the KTM brand in India, which is the world’s second largest motorcycle market.

Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

January 21, 2011, 08:30 PM

I need to make more money before that shit comes out!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to