DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
3 members and 555 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > KTM

LinkBack Thread Tools
2011 RC8R first ride
Unread
  (#1)
Officially Addicted to Posting

2011 RC8R first ride - January 31, 2011, 08:44 PM

2011 KTM RC8R First Ride - KTM Sportbike Motorcycle Review - Motorcycle USA

Quote:
It’s a rarity that MotoUSA is granted a exclusive of any manufacturer’s new machine, especially a high-caliber sportbike. But with some proper planning and the perfect sunny SoCal track in Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, Road Test Editor Adam Waheed flexed some muscle to make it happen. Due to Waheed’s recent knee surgery I was lucky enough to have the test fall into my lap (he did some riding as well, don’t worry) and I jumped at the opportunity.

Now it was time to see if the bike wouldn’t disappoint. KTM’s liter-class Twin had some issues in years past, which it claims have all been resolved through ‘a host of minor updates.’ But the question still remained: Can a ‘host of small changes’ really equate to a totally new feeling motorcycle? Because that’s what the Austrian brand needed to jump up the liter-class pecking order. Let’s just say, we were quite surprised…

While the small European manufacturer has been quite modest regarding the 2011 RC8R’s updates, simply calling them a few tweaks here, and tricks there, the truth is within a single lap at speed the bike felt like a totally new and completely improved motorcycle. Quite refreshing, actually, as most of the other manufacturer’s PR men would have had an advertising field day to pimp this “heavily updated” motorcycle. But instead of feeding us loads of PR spin, KTM decided to let the updated motorcycle do the talking – a smart, but also bold move. At least, as long as the machine speaks the language speed…
Read the rest here: 2011 KTM RC8R First Ride - KTM Sportbike Motorcycle Review - Motorcycle USA

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Traction Control

January 31, 2011, 10:12 PM

Fuuuuuuuck

To me, the way this bike looks and SOUNDS, is exactly what a modern motorcycle is supposed to be in every way. It's my "If I could afford anything" bike.

drool my ass off

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#3)
Groping is a skill...

January 31, 2011, 10:51 PM

Definitely a beauty!

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Got my Permit

January 6, 2012, 07:48 PM

Mid-Ohio offers a Fly-N-Ride program for $275 I think and you get to spend a day with your choice of about 20 RC8R's on the track. Their gas, tires, and bikes...your ass. They do it about 10 times a year. Did it last August and it was a blast. Such a sweet bike. Waiting on this year's schedule to come out to try it again.

Responsibly Irresponsible
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

January 6, 2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Mid-Ohio offers a Fly-N-Ride program for $275 I think and you get to spend a day with your choice of about 20 RC8R's on the track. Their gas, tires, and bikes...your ass. They do it about 10 times a year. Did it last August and it was a blast. Such a sweet bike. Waiting on this year's schedule to come out to try it again.
When you have that schedule please make a thread of that on here please. That sounds awesome.

Forum Runner FTW!!!
Unread
  (#6)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

January 8, 2012, 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=nootherids;1203084]When you have that schedule please make a thread of that on here please. That sounds awesome.

+1
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO