DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 558
2 members and 556 guests
2blueyam, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > KTM

LinkBack Thread Tools
Green KTM
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

Green KTM - March 2, 2009, 08:19 PM

FIM shows KTM E-Bike electric motorcycle

These shots, taken by an attendee at FIM Geneva are probably the clearest yet of the 2010 KTM E-Bike.
Yeah they're going to call it "E-Bike" rather than the previously used "KTM Zero Emission Motorcycle."

The KTM E-Bike is a race-ready dual sport with 29.5lb/ft of torque. That may not sound like much, but at just 90kg (198lbs), it weighs 7kg less than KTM's own 125cc enduro.
That's the torque of a 250cc two-stroke -- all of which will be available from 1rpm -- wrapped up in a package that's lighter than a 125.
The lithium ion batteries give the electric KTM a range of about 40 minutes under "race conditions."

Don't take those specs, which sit somewhere between the Quantya Strada and 2009 Zero X, as the final word though.
We'd be shocked if KTM doesn't adapt the latest battery technology when the bike goes into production next year, giving it something closer to the Zero's 50lb/ft of torque.

The photographer reports seeing something akin to a throttle tube and wires on the left handlebar, indicating the possible presence of a Vectrix VX-1-like regenerative system.
Roll forward with your left hand when you want to decelerate and resistance is placed on the motor, recharging the batteries.
This arrangement is superior to regenerative braking systems on machines like the Toyota Prius or the rear of the Mission One in that it doesn't add unsprung weight or reduce brake feel.
Like KTM's KERS system, this takes advantage of otherwise wasted energy, but here extends the range rather than adding power.

Quantya:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
You meet the nicest

March 2, 2009, 08:33 PM

WOW

BECAUSE I GET OFF ON IT!
Unread
  (#3)
GET SOME ! ! !

March 2, 2009, 09:09 PM

thats an awesome setup, not sure if I'd ever give up my oil/gas mixed RM-250 2stroke for that though

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider
Unread
  (#4)
ATTN INVESTORS!

March 2, 2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker View Post
thats an awesome setup, not sure if I'd ever give up my oil/gas mixed RM-250 2stroke for that though
Sure you would...and you will, eventually.

I suppose 40 minutes under race conditions would translate to 80 minutes +/- under "legal" riding conditions? Not too shabby for everyday use for most people.

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rekoniz  
Unread
  (#5)
GET SOME ! ! !

March 2, 2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoniz View Post
Sure you would...and you will, eventually.

I suppose 40 minutes under race conditions would translate to 80 minutes +/- under "legal" riding conditions? Not too shabby for everyday use for most people.
NEVER!!!!!

TPM/Roger Lyle/MARRC/NESBA #911

MARRC Cornerworker

2008 RAW Off-Road Desert Racing 58a Rider