DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
3 members and 553 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > KTM

LinkBack Thread Tools
new KTM 350 SX-F
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

new KTM 350 SX-F - June 13, 2010, 11:21 AM

2 words: tard it

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Get Tarded!

June 13, 2010, 11:35 AM

I'm 6'5" so I will keep dreaming but sexy bike none the less.

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#3)
Mojito Anyone?

August 6, 2010, 12:51 PM

I WANT...

revs to 13k rpm.. YOWZAS

all four valves are titanium...

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

August 6, 2010, 01:23 PM

I don't really see the point of it, what class would you race it in? You could you it in the Vet class but you'd be up against 450's, 525's, ect... There have been several dirtbikes now revving past 11,000 rpm and Yamaha has been using all titanium 5 valve system since '04.

Charlie
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

August 6, 2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniecs View Post
I don't really see the point of it, what class would you race it in? You could you it in the Vet class but you'd be up against 450's, 525's, ect... There have been several dirtbikes now revving past 11,000 rpm and Yamaha has been using all titanium 5 valve system since '04.

I think the bike has been pretty competitive in AMA motorcross this season. I'm pretty sure Alessi has atleast one race win on the thing. I think they're aiming for more usable power as to outright power, and a bike that is easier to ride for 30 mins plus 2 laps. I'd sure like to give one a go.

P-L Production ---> MARRC TD

Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
Thank you Rossi
Unread
  (#6)
Mojito Anyone?

August 6, 2010, 01:49 PM

Yeah Alessi won his second race with this bike in the 450 class.. got the holeshot and held the lead from flag to flag.. I think he has more than one podium on this thing too..

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#7)
Railing!

August 6, 2010, 01:59 PM

Jt's has 5 in stock... Pretty sick bike. I've got a couple hours on one and they are awesome.

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa
Unread
  (#8)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

August 6, 2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK222 View Post
Jt's has 5 in stock... Pretty sick bike. I've got a couple hours on one and they are awesome.
How much? Will be looking for a new bike this winter.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

August 6, 2010, 03:28 PM

While I do understand the advantages of some people being able to ride a 350 better than a 450, when your competing at the top level a great 350 rider is going to be beat by a great 450 rider (given they both have good days). I could also see the 350 as an advantage on certain tracks, smaller tighter ones (such as SX) but MX tracks are faster and a lot less technical. I'm not saying that it isn't a great bike but I'm not sure if it will catch on, maybe more likely as an off-road or enduro machine. I'd like to see who races it and how it does in SX. I also think if you were to pick up a KTM SX/EXC machine for SM conversation a 450 or 530 would be much more practical and reliable.

Mike Alessi is also a brilliant but completely inconstant rider. When he is on, he could win the 450 class on a 250F. He has no overalls this year and is outside the top 5 in points, I believe. So it's hard to say if it's the bike working the magic and then outgunned at the next round.

Charlie
Unread
  (#10)
Derpentine Dealer

August 6, 2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
2 words: tard it
The dude abides.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#11)
Railing!

August 6, 2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniecs View Post
Mike Alessi is also a brilliant but completely inconstant rider. When he is on, he could win the 450 class on a 250F. He has no overalls this year and is outside the top 5 in points, I believe. So it's hard to say if it's the bike working the magic and then outgunned at the next round.
Guess you missed the second round when he pulled the hole shot and ran away with it.

2013 Suzuki Hayabusa
Unread
  (#12)
Knee Draggin!

August 6, 2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK222 View Post
Guess you missed the second round when he pulled the hole shot and ran away with it.
Actually it was the first round at Hangtown and he only won the second moto, with his 4th place in the first moto, Chad Reed won the overall (with Mike Alessi taking 2nd overall, his best finish of the year by a large margin). The overall is what I referring to. Also since the opening round at Hangout for the majority of the motos Mike Alessi has been struggling for top 10s with his 350F.

I'm not saying it's the bike by any means, I'd like to see what a more consistent rider would do with it. I do have my doubts about a smaller motor when racing against the best MX riders in the world. It seems sort of like like bringing a knife to a gun fight at the premier level.

Charlie