DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 614
2 members and 612 guests
nootherids, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Vintage

LinkBack Thread Tools
1973 Kawasaki H1... What to do.....
Unread
  (#1)
What is a chicken strip?

1973 Kawasaki H1... What to do..... - February 26, 2011, 12:19 PM

Ok so I have two of these....one that I ride daily and the other that I bought last year and havent done much with.

It has a clean title in my name, engine is currently out of the frame awaiting a rebuild on one cylinder....needs a piston and hone. engine has 16k or so on it.

bike needs a seat cover, pod filters, carb clean, and some other various seals and such but its 95 percent there. I had plans of a monoshock rear, inverted front forks, converted roller neck bearings, brake upgrades, ect.

In light of recent events (just picked up an H2) I cant see myself doing much with it for some time to come. Does anyone have any interested in these on here?

Last edited by vtwinjunkie; February 26, 2011 at 02:21 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

February 26, 2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinjunkie
Ok so I have two of these....one that I ride daily and the other that I bought last year and havent done much with.

It has a clean title in my name, engine is currently out of the frame awaiting a rebuild on one cylinder....needs a piston and hone. engine has 13k or so on it.

bike needs a seat cover, pod filters, carb clean, and some other various seals and such but its 95 percent there. I had plans of a monoshock rear, inverted front forks, converted roller neck bearings, brake upgrades, ect.

In light of recent events (just picked up an H2) I cant see myself doing much with it for some time to come. Does anyone have any interested in these on here?
pictures ? I love old bikes

-Fitz

2016 Harley Softail Slim S
2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange Sold!
2012 V-Strom 1000 Sold!
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too cold to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#3)
What is a chicken strip?

February 26, 2011, 02:18 PM

I took a few quick shots of it today...

I will post another pic of my H1 daily rider so you can see its potential with minimal effort.
Unread
  (#4)
What is a chicken strip?

February 26, 2011, 02:19 PM

crappy cell pic of my running H1
Unread
  (#5)
Get Tarded!

February 27, 2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinjunkie View Post

It has a clean title in my name, engine is currently out of the frame awaiting a rebuild on one cylinder....needs a piston and hone. engine has 16k or so on it.

I actually have been looking pretty hard for one for a while now....

08 Dizzzer SM
08 Z1000
98 KLR 650
Unread
  (#6)
#swag

February 27, 2011, 08:24 PM

How much?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Nick  
Unread
  (#7)
What is a chicken strip?

February 27, 2011, 09:07 PM

I was asking 1500 for it on craigslist...I would be willing to haggle a little for a board member.

A few good things about these are that they will not be dropping in value,also it is one of the most sought after vintage two stroke ever made (along side the yamaha two strokes), and they are wicked fun! I believe its a fair price well below market value but I tried to take into consideration what work needs to be done and the cost of parts (which I have also researched) to get it to a semi-restored but fully functional state as good or if not better than new.
I have been into them for a while now and know these bikes and the H series motor inside and out so I would be willing to offer my time and knowledge (and a few special tools needed) to work with the owner to get it running right....I hope they would be wanting to get it running and ride, not just flip it to make a buck.

Like I said originally, I dont need to sell it, just seing if there is a good home out there for it....if not, it will stay covered in my warehouse at work till I get to it...
Unread
  (#8)
Pleased to meet me

February 28, 2011, 06:10 AM

Just so I understand. 1500 for the one bike and one motor?

Also, when was the last time that bike was together and running? Thanks.
Unread
  (#9)
What is a chicken strip?

February 28, 2011, 07:49 AM

Yes nunya you are correct, The motor is not currently in the bike as I explained a little earlier in the post.

A little backround on the bike:
Bought it from a guy in hagerstown last year with title, went to DMV titled it in my name to get tags (vintage of course). It had been sitting for a year so it needed the carbs cleaned, I got it home and cleaned them and had it running in a few hours.
I rode it during the last summer... about 3 times, but holed the far right piston due to improper timing I suspect. Properly tuning the kawi triple can be a pain. When I got home and tore it apart and started to fix it I got a line on the other H1 and couldnt pass it up. so It sat in my garage. I swapped handle bars off it to put them on my current bike, and a clutch worm drive as well but besides that its all there.

Last edited by vtwinjunkie; February 28, 2011 at 07:53 AM..