DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 525
0 members and 525 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Brand Specific > Vintage

LinkBack Thread Tools
Honda CB400T cafe racer by Steel Bent Customs
Unread
  (#1)
Eddie would go ...

Honda CB400T cafe racer by Steel Bent Customs - May 4, 2012, 11:58 AM

yaCBc

twb:
Honda CB400T cafe racer by Steel Bent Customs

Unlike its bigger sisters - with larger displacement - the Honda CB 400 Four has never been a proper racer: always considered as the heir of 1972′ CB 350 F, this bike was introduced in 1975 to complete a line-up that included the more performing and captivating CB 750 Four (introduced in 1969) and CB 500 Four (introduced in 1971). Then there was the successor of the CB 350 (with no ‘F’), the CB400T, introduced in 1978, and that was by far the less performing bike of the lot. However, its 43 hp engine was also quite reliable, to the point it got used for many other models in the following years: it is not hard to find a perfectly working one around even these days.
A while ago the nice guys from Tampa-based Steel Bent Customs has found a CB400T, and surely they just knew what to do with it: they added the rear section of a CB650 as well as the front section of the CB550, two 4-cylider bikes. Then they did what was required to turn it into a proper cafe racer: they added ‘racing’ handlebars, an in-house built saddle and a typical 70s tail which conceals the electric system and wiring. Last but not least, they gave it a nice 2-into1 exhaust system courtesy of SBC.
The resulting motorcycle is the Honda CB400 cafe racer by Steel Bent Customs that we can admire in these pics, a really nice and sexy bike that boosts a very clean and simple design. This model is just the latest output from Steel Bent Customs, a company that clearly seems to have a taste for Honda’s mid-size bikes of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
No one gives a fuck about your puff out your chest bravado.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Give me the Ban Button!

May 4, 2012, 12:27 PM

Thankfully they used a model i those press pics. Even they new that there was nothing special looking about the bike. Its clean and all but same as alot of other stuff being released as of late.

MY SPELLING SUCKS....DEAL WITH IT

MyCanikon.net A place to hang out if you are interested in talking photography.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Nubbs Send a message via AIM to Nubbs  
Unread
  (#3)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

May 4, 2012, 01:32 PM

What bike, all I see is babe?
Unread
  (#4)
Don't believe the hype...

May 4, 2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
Thankfully they used a model i those press pics. Even they new that there was nothing special looking about the bike. Its clean and all but same as alot of other stuff being released as of late.
I was going to say this. Just looks like a typical clean up, with a seat, tank, clip ons, and fenders removed. Still nice though, and I love white bikes.

'11 Speedy
'72 CB450
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

May 4, 2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbs View Post
+1

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to