DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 488
3 members and 485 guests
beatle, KirkRoy, windblown
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 04:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Non-Sportbike Forums > Non-Sportbike Pictures and Vids

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone know how to install a Bazooka subwoofer to a 5 Series ?
Unread
  (#1)
GP Racer

Question Anyone know how to install a Bazooka subwoofer to a 5 Series ? - November 3, 2017, 01:31 PM

So I have a 5 series and I love the car and I am happy with the stock sounds system it comes with except I want some more bass. Nothing to fancy or crazy just want to add a simple bazooka to it but seems like its not as simple to do with a bmw! Anyone have a setup like this on a 5 series?

2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2015 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Sold)
2009 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (Sold)
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R (Sold)
2000 Honda F4i (Sold)
2008 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 (Sold)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
2003 Honda 600RR (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca II (Sold)
2006 Honda 1000RR (Sold)
2001 Suzuki GZ250 (Sold)
2004 Suzuki GSXR 600 (Sold)
2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
1997 Kawasaki 250 Ninja (Sold)
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

December 6, 2017, 02:23 PM

I've had Best Buy in Sterling charge less than I thought it would cost installing a basic amp and sub.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#3)
Groping is a skill...

December 6, 2017, 10:07 PM

It's really hard to add on just a woofer to high end cars unfortunately. It requires more money than it's worth to make it work right and sound good.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Your Ad Here

December 8, 2017, 09:52 PM

Today's aftermarket 6x9's throw out both crisp highs and a surprising amount of clean bass. It won't rattle your teeth, but it's high quality punch for not much money and since they fire inside the cabin versus traveling through the rear seat, you don't need as much speaker and wattage.

They're usually easy to drop into the rear parcel deck with a little cutting. Wire in a small amp to give them some more juice if your OEM amp and headunit set-up can't produce enough wattage to drive them.

But, you can see if a BassPro from JBL fits your needs. Basically a bluetooth, portable sub.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
opossum puncher

December 10, 2017, 10:40 AM

Looks like the JBL BassPro Go never made production, its not listed on their website. But the cost was also set to be $600, so that would remove/price them out of the potential market place anyway.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#6)
Yo quiero Trackday!

December 12, 2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRHonda View Post
So I have a 5 series and I love the car and I am happy with the stock sounds system it comes with except I want some more bass. Nothing to fancy or crazy just want to add a simple bazooka to it but seems like its not as simple to do with a bmw! Anyone have a setup like this on a 5 series?
Its been almost two decades since I installed a SAS Bazooka, not sure if anything has changed, but their amped bazookas SUCKED. The amp was 100% crap. A 8" SAS bazooka will provide what you are looking for, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Today's aftermarket 6x9's throw out both crisp highs and a surprising amount of clean bass. It won't rattle your teeth, but it's high quality punch for not much money and since they fire inside the cabin versus traveling through the rear seat, you don't need as much speaker and wattage.

They're usually easy to drop into the rear parcel deck with a little cutting. Wire in a small amp to give them some more juice if your OEM amp and headunit set-up can't produce enough wattage to drive them.

But, you can see if a BassPro from JBL fits your needs. Basically a bluetooth, portable sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBr1Rbmf0o
Friends dont let friends buy 6*9 speakers...
Unread
  (#7)
Your Ad Here

December 12, 2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6rfool View Post
Looks like the JBL BassPro Go never made production, its not listed on their website. But the cost was also set to be $600, so that would remove/price them out of the potential market place anyway.
Ah, okay. I remember hearing about it as CES last year. Sad because it seemed like a solid way to have both a little more in car punch and then a tailgating / picnic / beach speaker to take with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knonfs View Post
Friends dont let friends buy 6*9 speakers...
Nothing wrong with 6x9's. Perfectly acceptable range for people who don't want to spend $$$ on discreet speakers, popping new holes all over panels and door cards for drop-ins.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

Unread
  (#8)
Yo quiero Trackday!

December 13, 2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post

Nothing wrong with 6x9's. Perfectly acceptable range for people who don't want to spend $$$ on discreet speakers, popping new holes all over panels and door cards for drop-ins.
A 6" or 8" mid/woofer is far superior than 6x9.
Unread
  (#9)
Your Ad Here

December 14, 2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knonfs View Post
A 6" or 8" mid/woofer is far superior than 6x9.
That depends on what your overall goal is, what you already have in the car by way of speakers, and how much overall space you have to play with.

Free airing 6" isn't going to do much. 8" maybe, the real (boom) doesn't happen until you get into the 10" range.

I know real audiophiles will frown at 6x9's but these are also the guys looking to build up a system and not just add a little more robustness and round out a tinny sounding system.